Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Would you request a conference or disciplinary action?
by Anonymous
January 23 at 6:54 PM
I’m so freaking done with My son’s teacher . This time I have a witness . I went to pick up My son from the YMCA center at school today and the assistant who works for YMCA told me that the teacher told her about my son’s behavior issue from yesterday and today. The YMCA staff member is only taking care of the kids at the after school program . She’s not the way the teacher should use to communicate with me. She should have called me or emailed me . Requesting a conference with teacher and principal ASAP . This is the second time the teacher says something about my son in a non traditional or non appropriate way of communicating . The first time it was worse than his one because she talked about my kid in front of other parents and kids but she ended up saying “unless you have a recording , you can’t prove it”. Now I have a witness .
Do I just request a conference to address what she saw as behavior problem or do I also request disciplinary action because she’s violating privacy?
Before everyone starts answering about how I should work on whatever behavior issue he showed these two days (first time since school started to maybe something is causing it ), I’m very mad at how this teacher keeps violating confidentiality
YMCA staff are not school assistants
They work for YMCA, not for the school district
Sharing an issue with them is out of line
So I’m not ignoring the behavior . I will inquire and observe and see what could be causing it , but the question I posed here is only about how to deal with teachers violating privacy issues
Btw, Wednesday 17 the washer said that he was doing very well
For those that responded , the issue is that my 6 year old seems to hide when the bell rings instead of walking directly to the line.
Something so serious deserves a call and a consequence, not verbal communication with an after school person who sees my son one time per week and who has never had issues with him

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 23 at 6:54 PM
    Bump
  • mmm2015
    by mmm2015
    January 23 at 6:56 PM

so besides being upset with the teacher what are you doing about your sons behavior

• Medic32
    by Medic32
    January 23 at 6:58 PM
    Instead of focusing on the teacher, put that energy into thee root of the problem, your kid.

A million excuses and ranting in 3,2,1....
  • Cajunqueenslsg8
    Conference for what? Because the teacher talked to an assistant because of the behavior of a child that they have that is causing problems? Teachers and assistants talk about problem children to each other all the time.
  • Anonymous 1
    Bump
  • Danesmommy1
    I'd probably concentrate on getting my son to behave himself in school, so she doesn't have anything to talk about.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Deal with your sons behavior and this wouldn't be a problem.
  • Anonymous 1
    January 23 at 6:59 PM
    YMCA assistant and not school assistants. They work for ymca .

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: Conference for what? Because the teacher talked to an assistant because of the behavior of a child that they have that is causing problems? Teachers and assistants talk about problem children to each other all the time.
  • mmm2015
    by mmm2015
    January 23 at 6:59 PM

i also find nothing wrong with forwarding along to the next care giver - teacher what have you that your son was having a bad day.

• Anonymous 1
    January 23 at 7:00 PM
    No. I know how to work on the other end .
    But the washer is out of line and it’s not the first time she violates confidentiality

Quoting Medic32: Instead of focusing on the teacher, put that energy into thee root of the problem, your kid.

A million excuses and ranting in 3,2,1....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts