Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Disrespectful because I won't hand over my debit card?
by Anonymous
January 20 at 9:42 AM
Fil called dh asking if we can lend them a little bit of money. Fil is a contractor and he's waiting on several jobs to be paid out but in the meantime or they are flat broke. They have maxed out their credit cards and have no money. All their bills are paid all the employees are paid but they have no money for groceries this week. Dh told him that he's at work but to call me. I told them that if they wanted to login to my Walmart grocery app on their own phone or computer I would give them the login information and they could pick whatever they want out but please stay under about $100. My thought was this way they're not going to go over because I will be able to see how much they are getting and how much it's going to cost me before it's picked up. So I could cancel the order if they went over. Where as if I just hand them my debit card and they go shopping with it I have no way to make sure they don't go over my budget. Plus this way they don't have to drive all the way to my house to pick up the debit card and then back to drop it off. They can select their local Walmart that's 5 minutes from them and pick up there.

They said thanks but they would just rather pick up the debit card and go shopping themselves. I told them that unfortunately I'm not offering that. I told them to let me know if they want my login information but that's what I'm willing to offer them. My fil ssid i am being disrespectful and that they are my husband's parents and they deserve more respect and Trust than what I'm showing them. He said that he's a grown man and it's nobody's business what he buys and that he doesn't like the idea of me being able see what they get. He said he doesn't like being treated like an untrustworthy child . Which I think is really weird. What are they planning on getting at Walmart but they don't want me to know about?

I just think the whole thing is fishy. I told him I'm not going to argue about it that they should let me know if they want my information. I called dh and told him what happened. He also thinks it's weird. Why wouldn't they be okay with what I offered? Why is it disrespectful? And why are they so upset about it? Unless they were planning on spending way over what was agreed upon or they aren't really buying groceries.

I haven't heard from them but they called my husband several times telling him that he needs to tell me to hand over my debit card. My husband told them that he sees nothing wrong with my offer and they can take it or leave it. Haven't heard back from them so I don't know what's going on

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 20 at 9:43 AM
    Bump
  • AngryBob
    January 20 at 9:45 AM
    Older people often dont like to online shop.
    But you're not disrespectful. They need to chill tf out
  • Tinse
    by Tinse
    January 20 at 9:45 AM

That's very odd.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 20 at 9:46 AM
    Just give them cash.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 20 at 9:46 AM
    Lame. This has been done a million times.

• beadingmom17
    January 20 at 9:47 AM
    I wouldn't be comfortable just handing over my debit card, either.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 20 at 9:47 AM
    Do you a have a reason to mistrust them? I can see why they're offended unless they've done something in the past to warrant it.

It's simple for you use the ap. But it's probably a hassle for them.
  • bleumonster
    January 20 at 9:48 AM
    I would just give them $100 in cash and tell them that’s all they get.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    I did think of that even though they are really not that old. They're in their mid-fifties. But I can understand your point. However I would also think on their side that they would be understanding and want to do what I am comfortable with since we are the ones helping them out. Because they're being so defensive about it I really feel like something's going on.

Quoting AngryBob: Older people often dont like to online shop.

But you're not disrespectful. They need to chill tf out
  • BREN_da
    by BREN_da
    Maybe they don't want to shop at Walmart.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts