Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
No! We aren’t giving you are food stamps card
by Anonymous
January 19 at 12:44 PM
Dh and bm split custody 50/50 so there is no child support.

We’ve fallen on hard times as has bm. I recently had to swallow my pride and apply for food stamps. We’ve never had to in the past but we need a bit of help and we got the maximum for our family. Which is 511 a month for a family of 3.

The kids still come here half the time and we did not add them to our case, we feed them when they are with us.

Bm is asking us for money and we just don’t have it. Dh told her to apply for food stamps because she would qualify and he told her we applied and were approved. She told him she would never live off the government and that the right thing for him to do is give her our card so she can buy groceries for the kids.

Right off the bat we couldn’t do that, that card has my name on it and she’s not authorized to use it. We also need that right now, otherwise we wouldn’t have applied.

I’m sure someone will ask but if the kids needed to live with us full time they could, and at that time I could add them to our case.

DH and bm have two children, she would get 511 too which would then be more than enough to feed them especially since they are here every other week.

Replies

• AngryBob
    January 19 at 12:46 PM
    "I will never live off the government!"
    "Also, give me your government supplied card."
    Lol some people's kids.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

She could technically use it. People buy them all the time here but I get what you're saying. She has no right to it and she's a loser for even asking. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    I saw the irony in that as well

Quoting AngryBob: "I will never live off the government!"
    "Also, give me your government supplied card."
    Lol some people's kids.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I don't blame you. She doesn't want to live off the government but wants to still use food stamps, illegally. Wtf
  • Anonymous 1
    January 19 at 12:47 PM
    Yes, I did point out to dh how silly that was for her to say.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't blame you. She doesn't want to live off the government but wants to still use good stamps, illegally. Wtf
  • MysticLove
    January 19 at 12:47 PM

If its 50/50 you could actually put them on your case in most or many states (in CA you can, its all about who gets them on a case first).

• Anonymous 1
    January 19 at 12:48 PM
    And we could but we chose not to so that she could claim them

Quoting MysticLove:

If its 50/50 you could actually put them on your case in most or many states (in CA you can, its all about who gets them on a case first).

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 19 at 12:50 PM

So much wrong all around here. 

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 19 at 12:50 PM
    No, she technically can't use it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

She could technically use it. People buy them all the time here but I get what you're saying. She has no right to it and she's a loser for even asking. 

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 19 at 12:54 PM

I don't see why he felt the need to tell her that you have FS. That's none of her business.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts