Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I feel like it's not my baby (long)
by Anonymous
January 11 at 10:27 PM
I am 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It was decided tonight that DH will be taking three weeks off from work starting Monday and may not return. I will be picking up extra shifts next week to make up some money and only taking one week off my regular schedule once the baby comes. If DH does not return to work, I will be getting a second job to make up for the money he will be losing.
DH's are that he shouldn't be punished by not being able to take time off with the baby. And that since I have difficulty bonding the first year anyway, it makes no difference whether or not I go back to work sooner. And at the end of the day, I make twice as much money as him.
So I'm basically having a baby to hand it to DH and go to work. I don't even get to make decisions for it because DH wants different things. I don't even get to decide how I will deliver. Sigh.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 11 at 10:28 PM
    Fuck that nonsense. Spine up, woman.
  • Phoenix_lament
    January 11 at 10:28 PM
    You do realize you're married to a controlling, abusive asshole, right?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 11 at 10:29 PM
    If it's determined that one of you stay home, why shouldn't it be him if that makes more sense?

Confused why you can't make decisions about how you will deliver.

You have victim mentality written all over this post though.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 11 at 10:30 PM
    You should take time off to heal your body. Bonding is vital and you should also have that time.
  • Sassy762
    January 11 at 10:30 PM
    You do have a choice in the decisions, but are choosing not to
  • Omg-ice-cream2
    January 11 at 10:31 PM
    What. The. Fuck.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 11 at 10:32 PM
    I can't follow what is happening here
  • PJMM
    by PJMM
    I went back to work very quickly once yds was born. Trust me.. bad idea. I'm not sure but I think it contributed to my thyroid being overactive which it was anyway due to my pregnancies. Tell ds this isn't some country where you squat in a field and go back to work. You get a say in this or he can stfu.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    I wondered. He wants to stay home because I make more money and can always work more and he's always sick. He thinks he will be more useful at home. But that leaves me being sole provider and having to pay his child support. Which I'm apparently a bitch for not wanting to do, because I should care more about his kids.
    I want a c-section at this point. He thinks I will be depressed and angry with myself if I do that so he's not letting me. His words.

Quoting Anonymous 3: If it's determined that one of you stay home, why shouldn't it be him if that makes more sense?

Confused why you can't make decisions about how you will deliver.

You have victim mentality written all over this post though.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 11 at 10:33 PM
    Me neither, honestly. It's all a jumble. And difficult to get all the details without making the post 27 pages long.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I can't follow what is happening here

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts