Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Too many children
by Anonymous
December 13, 2017 at 4:53 PM
I married dh last year and I had 2 children of my own and worked too. Dh said he doesn't want any more children, but he got a big pay rise and a promotion, I got pregnant and we decided to keep the baby. Now I am a sahm and we are financially stable, but whenever I bring up vacation (we use to have 2-3 every year) or going out dh gets very grumpy and says "we have to many children" we dont spend much on the baby and now that I am a sahm I cook a lot and do a lot more around the house, but he is still very grumpy and doesn't like to spend. Wwyd?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM
    Bump
  • maliffy
    by maliffy
    December 13, 2017 at 4:56 PM
    Are you sure it's about money?

Maybe he is just not into the idea of taking kids on a vacation. I'm not into it. It's exhausting. It's all of the parenting and work, just somewhere else.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 13, 2017 at 4:56 PM
    Go back to work.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 13, 2017 at 4:57 PM
    Marriage counseling. Sounds like he is overwhelmed with being the sole provider.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 13, 2017 at 4:57 PM
    I would get a part time job and a tubal. Lots of your problems would be solved.
  • shadow_lark
    December 13, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    Well, to be fair a vacation with kids, especially little ones isn't much of a vacation.

But talk to him about his attitude. He may be worried about money, he may be regretting his choice to keep the baby...
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    December 13, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    I understand both sides. Do you want to vacation with or without kids? Does that matter to him?

I am just getting to the point where I want to vacation with 3 kids. The whole process sounds exhausting. I have no desire to vacation to spend a bunch of money with three children in tow!
  • Anonymous 1
    December 13, 2017 at 4:59 PM
    We used to go when we had 2 of my children, and it will not be much harder with the baby, we actually spend less since I am home now too, Idk why he gets so moody

Quoting maliffy: Are you sure it's about money?

Maybe he is just not into the idea of taking kids on a vacation. I'm not into it. It's exhausting. It's all of the parenting and work, just somewhere else.
  • ReaIisticbeauti
    December 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    Get a job. I can't imagine living off of someone who doesn't want me to.
  • Anonymous 1
    December 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM
    Dh wants me to be a sahm

Quoting ReaIisticbeauti: Get a job. I can't imagine living off of someone who doesn't want me to.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts