Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Grandma WAY overstepped!
by Anonymous
December 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM
My mother in law watched our 8 month old daughter this morning for two hours. It's something we've had in the works for a while now, because I had a prenatal appointment. It was literally just TWO hours. And in that time, she took her to Claire's at the mall and got her ears pierced.

First off, she never asked us. Secondly, she KNEW we didn't want it done until our daughter could ask for them herself!! It's something we've actually talked about before because she thinks all baby girls should have them done right away. This is the FIRST time she's watched her alone, because my sister, who normally watches my kids, is on vacation out of town right now.

I came home, and my daughter is crying, because she keeps touching her ears, so of course they hurt even more. I am absolutely livid. She hurt my child, went behind our backs doing something she knew we did not want, and she lied, because I know those forms ask if you are the parent/legal guardian, and she is not. She does have the same last name, and she's only in her 50's and looks pretty young, so I can see why they'd believe it.

My husband is even angrier than I am. I don't even know what to do. Part of me wants to call the police and report her for fraud or criminal impersonation or whatever the hell that would be. I also told her that it would be a very, very long time before she was invited back into our lives, and never before she'd be left alone with our kids.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 11, 2017 at 12:44 PM

That sucks....Looks like grandma shouldn't have any alone time with the baby anymore.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 11, 2017 at 12:46 PM
    I’d take them out so they can heal. And then I’d speak to the manager at the place they were done at because they fucked up. And then Grandma wouldn’t be seeing my kid for sometime. And never alone.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM

I'd threaten her (and Claire's) with legal action just to spite her and let her know who's boss. She'd never be alone with that child again. Piercing guns are the worst. They should be illegal. If she was old enough to have it done at a real shop with your consent it would be a different story. Watch her closely for infection. What a stupid bitch. 

• Teeshann

did you take them out?

• quinnsmom715

what did she say?why would she do that?she must know youd be pissed..

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    She absolutely will not! I don't even want to see her right now, and my husband has already uninvited her from any holiday celebrations this year. I honestly can't remember ever seeing him this mad before!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That sucks....Looks like grandma shouldn't have any alone time with the baby anymore.

• Talkingheads
    I would be done. We would be calling her the grandma we never see
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    It wouldn’t be fraud or criminal impersonation, but there are state laws against tattooing or piercing a minor without their parents consent. The punishments range depending on the state.

I would certainly not have her in our lives though, after that.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Thank goodness your husband is on the same page as you. Did you/are you going to take the earrings out?

Quoting Anonymous 1: She absolutely will not! I don't even want to see her right now, and my husband has already uninvited her from any holiday celebrations this year. I honestly can't remember ever seeing him this mad before!
    Quoting Anonymous 2:

• quinnsmom715
    December 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM

and yes,take them out,if youre afraid to,go to the pedi.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts