Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Hanukkah in school?? Thoughts?
by Anonymous
December 6 at 6:12 PM
My dds elementary school is doing a “holidays around the world” thing. Every class has a different one and it rotates by week. Hers is Israel/Hanukkah. Well she had a parent come in and teach the Driedle game. I think it was pretty inappropriate to teach something religious to kids without their parents permission, and I complained to the pronciple but haven’t heard back yet. Am I out of line here? Just seems like something we should’ve been informed of

Replies

• TB78
    by TB78
    December 6 at 6:14 PM
    If they will be learning all religious holiday traditions I see nothing wrong with it.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 6 at 6:15 PM
    I'm guessing the pronciple is busy.

How is the dreidel game any more religious than a Christmas tree?
  • peanutsmommy1
    Do they pit up Christmas decorations?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Oh FFS. It's good for kids to know about ALL cultures and religion. It helps keep them from being close minded, ignorant idiots.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 6 at 6:16 PM
    I would love for my son to have that experience. Part of a good education is learning about the belief system and traditions of others.
  • HOT4TCHR

Spinning a dreidle isn't religious.  There is literally nothing religious about it.  It's a game.  More, it's a game with math.  You'll only make yourself look silly if you complain about it having made no effort to learn about it.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    You’re joking right?!?
    So Christmas/Santa/decorating is fine but god forbid they learn about s different holiday?!?
    Get your stick out of your butthole.
    It’s not like they’re being loaded into vans, circumcised, and shipped off to Israel to become rabbis.
    They listened to a story and played a game!

😤🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
  • ReedusStalker
    Stop being closed minded and uptight. My God. What is wrong with people? Why have we become a Society of whiners, complainers and tattletales?
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    December 6 at 6:17 PM
    I loved my kid learning about different religions. I don’t push my thoughts/beliefs on my kids. They are raised with them present but if they choose something else I’m all for it. So having them get exposed at school is 100% ok in my book
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    December 6 at 6:17 PM
    It’s a top game, not a conversion attempt.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts