Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Welfare Fraud - Have you or Would you Report It?
by Anonymous
December 5 at 12:12 PM

My stepdaughters mother is committing welfare fraud and I've known about this for a while but am now thinking of reporting her. SD17 lives with my husband and I and has for 6 months, before that she lived with her grandmother (now deceased.)

BM lies and says her daughter lives with her and she gets food stamps and medicaid. I do not even know where BM lives as she was kicked out of her fathers house for stealing from him.

DH and I do not receive any form of assistance and we foot the bill for groceries and everything else SD needs.

Last night when BM came and picked up SD to take her to a doctor appt today, BM tells DH that he needs to lie and say he pays her child support (since SD lives with us we do not owe anyone CS) and he is not ok with that and honestly I am not either. All BM does is lie and try to work the system and manipulate and we just want the truth to be known.

I want to report anonymously though, BM already hates us (jealousy because we are happily married with a stable home and family and she is a homeless drug addict) and I do not want to give her any reason to hate us more. We just want the lies to stop.

What would you do?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 5 at 12:17 PM

No, honestly I wouldn't.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 5 at 12:18 PM

Why not?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No, honestly I wouldn't.  

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 5 at 12:19 PM

Because I simply wouldn't care enough.  Maybe it is helping them out with food and medical if that is the case then that is a good thing.  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Why not?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No, honestly I wouldn't.  

• Mrs_Sweet
    December 5 at 12:19 PM
    I used to work in ss/disability law. We had one client I thought was gaming the system, but I did not report it. We let her go as a client.
  • alexmom529
    December 5 at 12:20 PM

Report her. Welfare fraud is not ok.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 5 at 12:20 PM

Have not, would not. They don't care or even have time to care in my county. It depends on the county but nothing would happen if you reported it here. I doubt they'd even answer the phone. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 5 at 12:21 PM

I have thought about it because my sister works under the table and they get every assistance under the sun but the ones who will suffer in the end will be my 5 nephews and nieces if they can't get that assistance so I don't.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 5 at 12:22 PM

Helping who out? BM and her boyfriend? Because she certainly isn't helping her daughter out with any of those food stamps. TBH I sort of agree with your point, but DH is super worried that because of her lies, he is going to be on the hook for child support he shouldn't even owe.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Because I simply wouldn't care enough.  Maybe it is helping them out with food and medical if that is the case then that is a good thing.  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Why not?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No, honestly I wouldn't.  

• grannie_kel
    December 5 at 12:22 PM
    I think people do have a responsibility to report welfare fraud. It is theft and I have no use for thieves.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    December 5 at 12:23 PM

I have reported my stepdaughter. No regrets. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts