Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
spear.mint
DD is being sexually harassed at work. *Update*
November 25 at 12:54 AM

DD is 17 and works at a local fast food place. When she first got the job, one of the guys there (24) asked for her number. She explained that she was 17 and not interested. She told me about this, but I thought that was the end of it. She could pass for older and is very mature for her age so I just took it as a simple mistake.

Well here it is, months later, and when she was getting ready for work today she was extremely stressed out. I could tell something was really bothering her. I asked her about it but she wouldn't elaborate.

Well she just got home and broke down. Basically she has been dealing with this asshole for months, constantly harassing her, knowing she is 17 and not interested, but totally relentless anyway.

He is constantly at her station bothering her and his work is not getting done as a result of this, which caught the manager's attention today. So she told the manager everything and they are going to talk to him on Tuesday as this is the first day he will be there and she will not so as to avoid confrontation. (She expressed concern for her safety.) If their "talk" doesn't work, I am fullly prepared to take action. I told DD I wanted to go to the police station tonight, but she begged me to wait and see if they could resolve it first. She truly values her job.

My heart is broken for DD. This should not be happening to her and she should not have been afraid to speak up and tell someone. She has been suffering for months.

DH is asleep and I haven't told him yet. I don't know if it's a good idea to either because he will go ballistic. 

I'm just feeling lost right now. And helpless. This should not be happening. This is 2017. I'm totally disheartened tonight. 

ETA I want to thank all who offered sincere advice and support. I can't keep up with responding to everyone right now. I will update after Tuesday.

ETA 2 Also anon 2 is my hero, I needed the laughs she provided. Especially her latest comment about how she "cares far too little." Oh man. lmao

Update

They spoke with the guy on Tuesday and gave him a warning. The next day he was being aggressive towards DD and started harassing another underage girl even younger than DD!! They did another investigation and found these allegations to be true so they fired him yesterday. DD is elated. Good riddance you fucking scumbag!!!

Replies

• .oOPoisonOo.
    November 25 at 12:58 AM

Harassing her how?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 25 at 12:58 AM

Sounds like she is handling it and so is the manager.  Stay out of it and allow her too, unless there becomes a need to become involved.  

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 25 at 12:59 AM
    Just have her never work in food ever again. It's NOTHING like working a white collar job. She either needs to deal with him herself or find another job.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 25 at 1:00 AM
    She's a minor. Her mother has ever right to get involved.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sounds like she is handling it and so is the manager.  Stay out of it and allow her too, unless there becomes a need to become involved.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 25 at 1:02 AM

I am aware she is a minor but she is handling it as is her manager so there is no need to get involved right now.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's a minor. Her mother has ever right to get involved.
    Quoting Anonymous 1:

• spear.mint
    November 25 at 1:03 AM

She wouldn't go into many details about this when I asked her. Whatever he is doing is making her that uncomfortable that she doesn't even want to say it. What she did say is that he is constantly around her, too close to her, even though she has asked him multiple times to please stop, making "inappropriate" remarks etc.

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Harassing her how?

• spear.mint
    November 25 at 1:04 AM

I am. It's just really hard not to react when you are told that someone is directly hurting your child constantly and repeatedly. Really, really hard.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

• spear.mint
    November 25 at 1:05 AM

She's in high school

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just have her never work in food ever again. It's NOTHING like working a white collar job. She either needs to deal with him herself or find another job.

• squeekers
    November 25 at 1:05 AM
    DD21 says it's management's job to do something or HR. As a parent, there isn't any thing you can do at the worksite. If HR/mngmt does something, that's good. If they want to "work it out", your DD needs to be put on a separate shift/days from the dude. If HR will not quash the man's actions, even as much as she likes the job, it can become a hostile environment & she will need to look for a new job.
  • spear.mint
    November 25 at 1:06 AM

Yes, and as I was saying, it's very hard not to react as a parent when you are told something like this. I am staying out of it for now as requested by DD, but I won't for long if it isn't resolved asap.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's a minor. Her mother has ever right to get involved.
    Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts