Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MysticLove
When you are a guest in someone's home
November 24 at 2:23 PM

When you are a guest in someone's home (either for a holiday or just visiting), if you or your child make a mess, do you clean it up?

I hosted Thanksgiving. If you count the people that live here, we had 19 people here for many hours. I was busy most of the night: Cooking dinner, cleaning from that, getting desert out, cleaning from that. I was in the kitchen most of the night except when I sat down to eat (which I did end up helping with one of the babies while her mom ate while I ate too). Of those people we had 8 children. I block off the stairs in an attempt of keeping messes contained, because we all know that messes are bound to happen and I get that... But their was a few things that I just can't wrap my head around. I have vented about both my SILs in the past and I will be doing it again. SIL1, her ODS7 is an ass. I don't care if you don't like that I am calling a child that, but he is and I will tell it like it is. When he is done with any foods or drinks, instead of taking it to the trash or sink he just turns his plates or cups over and dumps the contents onto the ground (inside and outside, just where ever he is) and takes off. I bring it up to his mom and she will yell at him to stop that, to clean it up... but he never does and neither does she. I am still finding cake in places I didn't even know he was at yesterday. I found sticky dried soda in the dinning room. I wish that we could just stop inviting SIL and her family to things but DH says we can't single them out. 

Replies

• Danesmommy1
    November 24 at 2:26 PM
    I don't understand people who let their kids be disrespectful little shits. I definitely wouldn't let DS leave trash strewn in his wake at a family member's house.
  • canna_perks
    I'd be livid.
    To answer your question, yes I used to clean up after my kids (they're adults now) especially if they were being asses.
  • Gianna2014

That's disgusting. Their home must be a disaster. Tell your husband to clean it. Maybe then he'll do something about it.

• lollip0p
    November 24 at 2:27 PM
    I can't read ur text font:(
  • MysticLove
    November 24 at 2:28 PM

Her home is so bad. I babysit her 2 youngest kids and at first she begged me to do it at her house, I did it one time and never again. I watch them at my house now.

Quoting Gianna2014:

That's disgusting. Their home must be a disaster. Tell your husband to clean it. Maybe then he'll do something about it.

• ReedusStalker
    November 24 at 2:28 PM
    Oh yes you can. My youngest BIL isn't allowed at my house. Sorry but my nephew is out of control, obnoxious and annoying. My youngest nephew, who is 4, is a holy terror. They aren't disciplined until you almost make BIL step in and then he screams at them.

No. I said no more. They aren't allowed here. I'm tired of disciplining his kids while he sits around and does nothing.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 24 at 2:29 PM

Tell DH he can start following the kid around and cleaning up after him then.

• MysticLove
    November 24 at 2:30 PM

At one point I did have to send DH out and he was pissed at having to miss some of the game, but that brat had found some bug spray we had put away and was trying to spray my kids with it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 24 at 2:33 PM

He’d stay pissed if I were you, because he’d be missing the entire game. If I ”can’t” exclude someone from my guest list, then he “can’t” leave their destructo-kid unattended to create messes for me to clean up.

Quoting MysticLove:

At one point I did have to send DH out and he was pissed at having to miss some of the game, but that brat had found some bug spray we had put away and was trying to spray my kids with it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

• Thewife06
    November 24 at 2:33 PM
    I'd be livid. And yes, I would single them out and not invite them. If they ask why, tell them it's because she won't control her child. Plain and simple.

Funny, there's another thread about how a parent who IS trying to teach their young child and everyone is shitting all over the mom. This is just proof that she's doing right and the ones like your SIL are who is actually problematic.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts