Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
NO, she's NOT fine, just stop!! *vent*
by Anonymous
November 24 at 1:00 PM
Dh and I went to his cousin's house for thanksgiving this year. We have a DD3, and like many toddlers/preschoolers are, she's all hands. So we have to stay on top of her about looking with her eyes not her hands, and leaving things alone.

The entire time we were there DH's aunt kept saying things like "Oh she's fine, she's not bothering anyone, it's ok if she plays with that" every time we'd get onto DD. It was driving me NUTS! I understand that they love DD and want us to be comfortable, but it's less about their feelings and stuff than the fact that I'm trying to teach my DD how to behave as a guest in someone's home.

A lot of the stuff I was making DD leave alone were breakable. NO, she's NOT fine with it. She could drop it, break it, and get cut on broken glass. She's not allowed to play with glass at home, why would I allow her to do it there??

Why do people think it's ok to attempt to override someone's parenting?? It's annoying and rude.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 24 at 1:01 PM
    Whoa, Bitch Mode activated!

They were being polite, no need to overreact. Talk about annoying and rude!!
  • Danesmommy1
    November 24 at 1:03 PM
    Sounds like she wants you to relax. You're probably driving her crazy with your helicoptering.
  • Valentina327
    How dare that nice lady try to be nice to you!
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

They are probably sick of hearing you discipline her the whole time. It's annoying.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 24 at 1:04 PM
    If you constantly use the word no it loses its value. You seem overbearing and super controlling. They were trying to be nice.
  • bleumonster
    Have you taken them aside and talked to them about it? She wants to be the good aunt.
  • SmisX3
    by SmisX3
    Sounds like what I went through with my son last night (20mnths old though) only thing I let him get away with was yanking the balls off my aunts Christmas tree (his God mother) after several attempts to keep him off them her and her son were like o it’s ok, just toss them under the tree as he takes them off, we’ll hang them back up later tonite.
    Other than that he managed to spill over the wax warmer (minimal mess thank God) spill water out of the vase on the table, and almost smack a sleeping baby with a picture frame. And that was with TONS of eyes on him. Don’t know where he gets the energy from but it drove me insane. I left after 3 hrs. He’s the complete opposite of how my daughter behaved as a toddler and I don’t know wtf to do 😩
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 24 at 1:05 PM
    I hate that! My step mother is always doing that, and my aunt too! Yesterday DS broke something of my brothers because of my aunt. I was so pissed.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 24 at 1:05 PM
    Helicopter parents annoy people
  • Phoenix_lament
    November 24 at 1:06 PM
    That annoys me too. Like when my DD throws a tantrum about something and someone says oh it's fine, she can [insert thing she's throwing a fit about here]. Uh, no it is not fine and no she cannot, now that she's thrown a fit about it. My policy is that once she starts throwing a fit and screaming about something, the answer remains no, period. I absolutely refuse to teach her that screaming and throwing a fit will get her her way.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts