Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
At what age would you accept this from your child?
by Anonymous
November 18 at 11:04 PM
You walk into their room and they’re talking to a friend - whether it’s on the phone or in person and you say “hey, what are you guys talking about?” And your kid responds with “it’s private. It’s between X and I”.

What age would that be an acceptable response? What would you do if you didn’t like that answer?

Edit: this happened at DDs friends house. Apparently the "tone" was too quiet for the mom and she didn't think the girls deserved privacy because of the quiet voices. I got a call from the mom demanding I make my kid answer then tell her because her kid wasn't talking. Dd told me some stories and if it's true, this woman is crazy. Crazier than some on here

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 18 at 11:05 PM
    Any age
  • woodswalker
    November 18 at 11:05 PM
  • kgsharber
    November 18 at 11:06 PM
    Agree, any age.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 18 at 11:06 PM

Unless I suspected they were plotting naughtiness, any age.  I've never even asked that and my kids a teen.

• kgsharber
    November 18 at 11:07 PM
    Has your kid done something to warrant pushing for more details?
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 18 at 11:07 PM
    1. I wouldn't interrupt them without a good reason because I repeatedly drill that into them and owe them the same respect.
    2. Privacy of a conversation is always allowed
    3. As to the response, however, tone and attitude are what determines if that is acceptable.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 18 at 11:15 PM
    Not something a "normal" parent would show concern over

Quoting kgsharber: Has your kid done something to warrant pushing for more details?
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 18 at 11:17 PM
    Any age.
  • StarFishQueen
    Any age
  • StarFishQueen
    Any age

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups