Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
flowerfunleah
I encourage my 6yo to punch kids
November 16 at 9:00 PM

that physically assault her or touch her inappropriately.

Basically my daughter had to miss gym class today (her favorite class) because while they were getting their backpacks today to take to the gym (because its their last part of the day) some kid decided to walk up to her and kick her and without missing a beat I'm told she punched him in the chest. She says she had to go to the office and she sat there but didnt get talked to at all but the kid that kicked her first had to be talked to by the principal.

I'm assuming my daughter isn't in trouble with the school because I didnt get a call home about it, I wouldnt have known at all if she hadn't told me and to be honest I'm a little upset they didn't call me, she was hurt, I'd like to know, ya know?

Anyway, we've always told our daughter that if she is touched in a way she doesnt like or physically assaulted (being kicked for no reason counts as that) then she has our permission to hit the kid that does so to her. 

If the school DID call me and she happened to be in trouble over it then I would tell them the same thing I just said here though tomorrow when I pick her up I'm going to go in and ask why she was punished by not getting to go to gym for another kid hitting her.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 16 at 9:04 PM
    We give dd a permission to do fight back if someone physically assault her or touch her inappropriately.
  • vegaswife2011
    November 16 at 9:04 PM
    Oh jeez.
  • mcginnisc
    November 16 at 9:06 PM

My girls are taught to walk away and tell someone in authority..they are only to get physical if it cannot be avoided.

• GrayDuck41
    November 16 at 9:08 PM
    Good

Quoting mcginnisc:

My girls are taught to walk away and tell someone in authority..they are only to get physical if it cannot be avoided.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    I have the same rules with my son.
  • Geeez17
    by Geeez17
    I have taught my kids the same. I'll be damned if my kids were going to be bullied or otherwise. As far as why she was punished, most schools, if not all, have a zero tolerance policy to hitting, regardless if the student is in the right.
  • Duchess57
    November 16 at 9:09 PM
    My son is being taught that same thing by his father. All it has done is get him in trouble because it escalates the situation. Smh.
  • GrayDuck41
    November 16 at 9:09 PM
    Hitting back lowers you --and kids--to the level of the bad kid
    Take the high road.
    You will win .
  • ShaMac
    by ShaMac
    November 16 at 9:10 PM
    Ditto

Quoting mcginnisc:

• MrsDavidB25
    November 16 at 9:10 PM
    My daughter is so delicate and would just never punch anyone. She's not the type. She would cry and tell a teacher.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts