Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm sooo glad I am working
by Anonymous
Tuesday at 4:42 PM
And no longer a sahm. Both kids are home from school. Ds 14, dd18. No school the rest of the week or next week. They have been fighting all day. Ds text me and told me they were fighting. She flip out on him. Every since I've been home, they have been bickering. I am sooo glad I don't have to be here all day breaking up argument.

Replies

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    Tuesday at 4:43 PM
    I break up arguments when I get home from work lol
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Tuesday at 4:44 PM
    I am sooooooooo glad I am not working and that I have an only child🙂
  • Maime13
    by Maime13
    Tuesday at 5:28 PM

Kids that age still fight with each other? And you get in the middle of it? Nope. 

I don't tolerate bickering. I don't want to hear that sort of thing and I am absolultely not interested in who said what to whom or why. Shut.it.down.

By this age, they should be solving their own problems and leaving you out of it.  

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Tuesday at 5:30 PM

That doesn't happen if you shut down bickering the second it happens. How else are they going learn how to work out their own problems if they're never given a chance to?

My MIL shut down any and all squables between DH and SIL immediately. I think that partially contributes to why they do not have a relationship as adults. They were never given a chance to solve their problems with each other. 

Quoting Maime13:

Kids that age still fight with each other? And you get in the middle of it? Nope. 

I don't tolerate bickering. I don't want to hear that sort of thing and I am absolultely not interested in who said what to whom or why. Shut.it.down.

By this age, they should be solving their own problems and leaving you out of it.  

• ReaIisticbeauti
    Tuesday at 5:43 PM
    I have 2 boys and they are 7 years apart so I've never had to deal with the bickering, thank God.
  • Maime13
    by Maime13
    Tuesday at 8:27 PM

I mean shut it down in the sense that I am not to be involved and that it is not to disrupt the house. I am happy to support them if they feel like they can't resolve the issue, but they have to try.

They are expected to deal with their own problems, maturely and quietly. They aren't children. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

That doesn't happen if you shut down bickering the second it happens. How else are they going learn how to work out their own problems if they're never given a chance to?

My MIL shut down any and all squables between DH and SIL immediately. I think that partially contributes to why they do not have a relationship as adults. They were never given a chance to solve their problems with each other. 

Quoting Maime13:

• Marie207
    Wednesday at 1:57 AM

lol.  plus you are making money while they frustrate themselves.  They will work it all out and you can take them to dinner this weekend when they make up. 

• BrighteyedAsh
    Wednesday at 2:06 AM
    I too am glad to get away to work even though DS is an only child. It gives me a good routine, I value that.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    Wednesday at 6:22 AM

dd should get in her car and go visit friends.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    Wednesday at 6:40 AM
    To be fair, blood doesn’t mean much when it comes to getting along with someone. I have 2 younger brothers, the middle one is an instigator. It brings him pleasure to troll or be mean until someone snaps in either sadness or anger. Our folks never stepped in, not unless things had escalated to the point of physical violence. I have nothing to do with that brother as an adult, my youngest sibling doesn’t either. My youngest brother won’t speak to our parents much either, they did nothing to protect us from him and he apparently resents them for it.

Sometimes family just doesn’t get along.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Maime13:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts