Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is my 5yo behind?
by Anonymous
Tuesday at 11:33 AM
He can count to 20
Add basic numbers (1+1 up to 5+5)
Write (working on his penmanship&he will look at movie cases and write what's on it like star wars)
Learning rhyming

He goes to kindergarten fall of 2018..

Replies

• fullxbusymom
    Tuesday at 11:34 AM

No, he is not.  

• Episkey
    by Episkey
    Tuesday at 11:35 AM
    Doesn’t sound like it to me, why do you think he is?
  • Olioxenfree
    Tuesday at 11:36 AM

Does he know shapes and colors? Does he know letter sounds? It doesn't sound like he is. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    Tuesday at 11:37 AM
    Sometimes I feel like he is and I don't want him to struggle with academics like I did.

Quoting Episkey: Doesn’t sound like it to me, why do you think he is?
  • Anonymous 1
    Tuesday at 11:38 AM
    Yes he knew colors at like 3 I think. Shapes just recently. He's learning letter sounds. He's hung up.on k&c because they sound alike and I have a k name and dad has a c name lol..

Quoting Olioxenfree:

Does he know shapes and colors? Does he know letter sounds? It doesn't sound like he is. 

• krisnkids
    Tuesday at 11:39 AM

Sounds like a perfectly normal 5 yo child.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    It doesn't sound like he's behind, but you can still work with him plenty and get him ahead of where he is now.
  • Anonymous 1
    Maybe I can stop worrying then. I'm just afraid for him to start K at a disadvantage.

Quoting krisnkids:

• krisnkids
    Tuesday at 11:41 AM

At his age, social skills are just as important. Does he play well with others? Does he say please and thank you? Does he do as he is asked? Can he sit and listen?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Maybe I can stop worrying then. I'm just afraid for him to start K at a disadvantage.
    Quoting krisnkids:

• Anonymous 1
    Tuesday at 11:41 AM
    I plan on it :) I got him a book to help with counting and basic addition :) also want to work on reading at some point.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It doesn't sound like he's behind, but you can still work with him plenty and get him ahead of where he is now.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts