Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Just buy nut free candy, damn it!!
by Anonymous
October 20 at 12:51 PM
My children don't have any food allergies, but I understand that an alarming number of children have life threatening nut allergies. Halloween is supposed to be fun, and many little children are young enough that they don't understand they can't eat a Reese's. Why on earth wouldn't you just buy nut free candy to be on the safe side? Why is your right to act like a tool so much more important than making sure you don't end up sending a 4 year old to the hospital? It seems like common courtesy to me, but I'm not an asshole.

Replies

• Mrs.Opinionated
    October 20 at 12:52 PM
    No
  • AmaliaD
    by AmaliaD
    October 20 at 12:53 PM
    Because I love Reese's and snickers. But I have nut free choices and I let them pick what they want.
  • left.drowning
    Because those who have kids that don't have allergies don't think about it.
  • my4kids274
    I have both on hand just in case.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 20 at 12:54 PM
    That's fucking stupid. How about this? Instead of everybody having to accommodate the small percentage that have allergies, those that do...I don't know...can behave responsibly? Check what they get? Or I don't fucking know? Not trick or treat and have a party instead of it's that big of a problem?

I would never be so entitled to think the world
    should revolve around my children or their needs should dictate how others spend their money.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Because they should have parents with them telling them yes or no to what they can have. Never trust a stranger to help your kid. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    We recently discovered that my stepson has a peanut allergy. I'm worried he's gonna be heartbroken when he can't eat half of his candy :(
  • fullxbusymom
    October 20 at 12:56 PM

No, I will not.  It is very easy for parents to have a bucket of candy that is safe at home and switch it out when they get home and donate the TOT candy.  Easy peasy.  

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 20 at 12:59 PM
    My grandson is diabetic and doesn't eat the candy he gets while trick or treating. He just enjoys going from house to house with all the other neighborhood children and showing off his costume.

Quoting Anonymous 4: We recently discovered that my stepson has a peanut allergy. I'm worried he's gonna be heartbroken when he can't eat half of his candy :(
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    October 20 at 1:00 PM
    No

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts