Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Wrong to take infant trick or treating?
by Anonymous
October 20 at 8:16 AM

I just read that some people think its "rude" to take a baby trick or treating or a very young toddler who can't talk yet (or much). She said that the candy collected is  just for the parents as the baby really can't et the candy.

I guess I never thought of it. I took my baby trick or treating and dressed her up and went with another mom who did the same thing.

I will admit it was great to re-live the fun of trick or treating and get some candy, but mostly, I just wanted to "show off" my adorable infant in her costume.

Replies

• Madeyemoody
    October 20 at 8:20 AM
    What was she for halloween? I never took my infants or young toddlers but I don’t judge others for doing it. It’s usually cold and rainy here so I keep the littlest ones at home. I still get costumes to take pictures though lol!

And I still have all their first Halloween costumes 😁
    Ds was a pumpkin, dd1 was a caterpillar and dd2 was baby Snow White
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 20 at 8:22 AM
    If you just wanted to show off the costume, why ask for candy? You could have the baby dressed up during the day while you're out and about, no need to go trick or treating.

I wouldn't turn you away, but if I thought about it more I'd probably think you were a little extra lol
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 20 at 8:22 AM
    No it’s no rude. TorT is for all kids. Some people are just cheap and need to bitch. It’s suppose to be a fun night, I give everyone from zero - 100 candy.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 20 at 8:23 AM

I mean, it's kinda stupid. Especially if you don't have older kids and it's just your grown ass carrying around a baby. But it's not rude.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 20 at 8:24 AM
    I think most parents do it for the infant to have the experience and also to show of there babies. I don't think it's rude at all and no one is spending a bunch of money on a costume,to get the candy they could have purchased with that money, that's silly thinking. I love seeing the babies the most!!
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    October 20 at 8:25 AM
    It's not rude at all. Seeing the babies in costumes is great.
  • Hoppers33
    October 20 at 8:27 AM
    I don't think it's wrong. Baby costumes are so cute. I always wanted to dress one of mine as a pea in the pod. People can bring their babies to my house and I will give the parents candy simply because I got to coo over their kid.
  • motherslove82
    October 20 at 8:27 AM
    I took all of mine starting at their first Halloween. No one seemed to mind. A lot of people gave them extra because they were so darn cute. Lol. They knew the 3-month-old wasn't going to eat it.

Halloween is supposed to be fun, but it seems like lately it's just another reason for uptight jerks to judge who is worthy of their precious candy.
  • Danesmommy1
    October 20 at 8:28 AM
    We took DS ToTing at 7 months, he was cute as fuck dressed as a bat!
  • Ivsleep
    by Ivsleep
    October 20 at 8:29 AM

I think it's a little strange to take an infant trick or treating.  I dressed mine up and we sat on the porch handing out candy.  Obviously if you have older kids that are going, then I would take the infant out with me.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts