Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
You hit a teen on a bike with a car. Who's fault is it?
by Anonymous
October 19 at 9:45 PM
Okay you are going down the street at 25 mph the speed limit on this paticular road. When a teen on a bike on a side road didn't stop ( he had a stop sign) slow down or even look before speeding out in front of you. You have to slam on your breaks to avoid hitting him. You honk. But he doesn't even glance in your direction he doesn't care.

Who's fault is this? He was riding on the road not a sidewalk and didn't stop or even look.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 19 at 9:45 PM
    Car is always at fault
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 19 at 9:48 PM
    Even when they don't obey the stop sign and the speed out in front of you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Car is always at fault
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    His. If he's operating on the road he needs to abide by road laws. Running the stop sign would put him at fault.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

The car is always at fault...legally speaking.
    The teen was an asshole.

I just looked up our state laws and I was wrong but in my defense, we moved here a month ago

gesinjuryattorneys.com/what-happens-when-a-bicyclist-is-at-fault-for-an-accident/

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 19 at 9:50 PM
    You said he didn't get hit...

Car is at fault though I believe it's treated differently thru insurance if you can prove the driver was obeying the law and the biker wasn't.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    October 19 at 9:51 PM
    Bikes are supposed to follow the rules of the road. If he ran a stop sign, he is.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    This sort of thing is why DH and I got front and back dashcams in our cars.
  • IAMmomtotrips
    I lost my DH in a cycling wreck, and in this case, it would be the child’s fault. However, even if the person driving is at fault, they get slaps on the hand. One of the sayings in the cycling community is that if you want to kill someone, just hit a cyclist.
  • Mrs.Opinionated
    October 19 at 9:52 PM
    Teens fault.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 19 at 9:52 PM
    I have seen drivers get arrested when they hit teen kids dressed all in black that are j walking

Quoting Anonymous 1: Even when they don't obey the stop sign and the speed out in front of you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Car is always at fault

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts