Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Tricks to get into university
by Anonymous
October 19 at 6:59 PM
So mu senior daughter is applying to multiple nursing programs. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get into these programs. For example if the 2000 students that will apply to salve Regina 400 will be accepted.

However, if you're male your chances of getting in go up 60% just for having a penis.

Well after leaving UConn today and being told again that males have a much easier time getting in, I said to my daughter....maybe you should apply as a male. And tell them you identify as a man.

I mean, what the hell right? It's kind of the "in" thing right now.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 19 at 7:03 PM
    Troll. No one calls it university in the US. We refer to it as college.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 19 at 7:04 PM
    I do. But I'm also not originally from the U.S..

And she's not looking at colleges she's looking at university.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Troll. No one calls it university in the US. We refer to it as college.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 19 at 7:05 PM
    if she can't get in on her own merits, she doesn't deserve to be in the program.
  • MrsDavidB25
    October 19 at 7:05 PM
    Eh. I say university here and there.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Troll. No one calls it university in the US. We refer to it as college.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 19 at 7:06 PM
    Many kids won t get in on their own merits as there just isn't enough room.

Quoting Anonymous 3: if she can't get in on her own merits, she doesn't deserve to be in the program.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 19 at 7:09 PM
    Not everyone gets in, it's not a right. There is a reason those programs are competitive.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Many kids won t get in on their own merits as there just isn't enough room.

Quoting Anonymous 3: if she can't get in on her own merits, she doesn't deserve to be in the program.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 19 at 7:10 PM
    Right, however even kids who have done everything they can won t get in because it's a space problem

So you have to do things to set yourself aside.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Not everyone gets in, it's not a right. There is a reason those programs are competitive.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Many kids won t get in on their own merits as there just isn't enough room.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 19 at 7:11 PM
    Scoring high on the prerequisites would help her too.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 19 at 7:11 PM
    I call it university.

• mom2devin11005
    October 19 at 7:12 PM
    I would say have her apply to the University of her choice as an undeclared major... take a biology or medical terminology class to make sure she wants to pursue nursing making sure she has amazing grades in all her classes and have her talk to an advisor about her interest if she is still interested after the first year and find out what she needs to do to be qualified for the program

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts