Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Children are not indentured servants!
by Anonymous
October 18 at 12:47 AM
I get everyone in a household chipping in to clean up and keep things going. I don't get making your children do EVERYTHING. Little ones sweeping and mopping everyday. Big ones cooking and doing laundry. What the fuck do the parents do???

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 18 at 12:48 AM
    Work. The kids live there, they need to learn how to do things, they use common areas, mine will help with chores
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 18 at 12:48 AM
    My kids love to cook and yes they help out with laundry. Doesn't make them servants.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 18 at 12:50 AM
    We all live here, we all pitch in.
  • sheramom4
    October 18 at 12:51 AM

My kids have always had one major household chore per day and cleaning up after themselves and their pets. As soon as they were old enough they also did their own laundry. Why would I wash their dirty clothes? They also had one weekly deep cleaning chore and cooking once per week as a group when they were younger and individually now. The three at home still rotate the same way. They like it that way and any of the four could run a household on their own if they ever needed to. 

It still leaves plenty for the adults to do. 

• HaloSue
    by HaloSue
    October 18 at 12:52 AM
    The parents use their little children as mini slaves.
    Parents are not invested in the children in most cases. They're personal relationships and partying is far more important than the children these days.
    They work and when not working they're no where to be found.
    Children are raising themselves!
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 18 at 12:55 AM
    Parents who dump it all on their kids don't deserve to have children.
  • KendallsMommee
    I know nothing about that.

My DD (10) doesn't do squat, other than clean her room and bathroom, unless she wants to.

The rest is mine and dh's job.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    This is that new age parenting. Coddle the kids, don't give them any chores, allow electronics to keep them "busy" and then wonder why their generation is lazy and entitled. YOU, are a huge part of the problem. Parents work! A long time ago kids worked doing chores around the house and still managed to keep up with their lessons in school. They weren't as messed as they are now. Some of you people have housekeepers coming in your home once every two weeks to clean their room. You people are lazy and raising lazy children.

Another dumb post!
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    October 18 at 12:56 AM
    Right! Chores build character!

Quoting Anonymous 4: We all live here, we all pitch in.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 18 at 12:57 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, at length, to this "dumb" post.

Quoting Anonymous 6: This is that new age parenting. Coddle the kids, don't give them any chores, allow electronics to keep them "busy" and then wonder why their generation is lazy and entitled. YOU, are a huge part of the problem. Parents work! A long time ago kids worked doing chores around the house and still managed to keep up with their lessons in school. They weren't as messed as they are now. Some of you people have housekeepers coming in your home once every two weeks to clean their room. You people are lazy and raising lazy children.

Another dumb post!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts