Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Man if I am required to do that, that will be the day I walk
by Anonymous
October 17 at 1:35 PM
I am on day two if training to be a personal care attendant. What the training consist of is watching these boring ass videos. The other girl has slept through every single video. Me I am wide awake watching them. One video was about sponge bathing them. It showed cleaning the genitals. It talked about cleaning the penis and if they are not circumcised we will have to pull the foreskin back. Oh hell no. I won't pull the forekin back on some old ass man. I will quit first.

I don't know if I can so this job. Some of the stuff I can do but some stuff I am not comfortable doing. I hope anyone who needs a sponge bath is capable of cleaning their own genital areas. Plus I don't think these short videos is enough training to know how to do some of the properly.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 17 at 1:37 PM

I get that it's not pleasant, but isn't that part of being a personal care attendant?  Some men are disabled and can't clean their genitals themselves. 

• AnnieGoolaheey
    October 17 at 1:37 PM

Start looking for a new job.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 17 at 1:38 PM
    I’m not sure you’re cut out for it and that’s okay. I know for a fact I’m not. That will be one of the least disgusting things you will encounter. I helped my mom take care of my dying dad and have some stories. /:
  • Isaacsmom913
    October 17 at 1:38 PM
    I wouldn't wait then because it WILL happen.
  • pandablush20
    October 17 at 1:39 PM
    Yeah I couldn't do it either...I'm assuming you're a CNA right? Didn't you know that was part of the job before you got your certification?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    You're right I don't think I am cut out for this line of work

Quoting Anonymous 3: I’m not sure you’re cut out for it and that’s okay. I know for a fact I’m not. That will be one of the least disgusting things you will encounter. I helped my mom take care of my dying dad and have some stories. /:
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    I would quit. You suck as a cg.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    I was a caregiver for years. It was a tough job made worse because the company I worked for didn't give a shit about their caregivers. They actually sent me into a home with a quad that had an intestinal parasite that was highly contagious, didn't mention it, and didn't have gloves in the house. Thankfully, I carried my own gloves. I ended up leaving because they worked me seven days a week and required a doctor's note to go down to five when I was diagnosed with RA. I had to fight for three weeks and in the end, I just found a different job. This one pays an average of $300 more per pay period, I work between five and six days, but the only thing I do on the sixth is do advertising, and have evenings off. Much better.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    No I am not a cna. None if the people they hire here are.

Quoting pandablush20: Yeah I couldn't do it either...I'm assuming you're a CNA right? Didn't you know that was part of the job before you got your certification?
  • randi1978
    October 17 at 1:40 PM
    Umm common sense should come into play here. As a personal care aide or whatever you should assume you will have to clean genitals thoroughly. Deal or seek a different kind of job.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts