Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
She is trying to take my job!
by Anonymous
October 17 at 12:48 PM
Almost 2 years ago, I landed my dream job. I have past experience in my field ( loan agent ), so I was hired in as Assistant Manager. The office I was hired for is a booming office, with constantly growing clientele. I absolutely loved it! My manager, Z, is awesome. With her help, I grew as an employee and together we grew the office to such standards that we were comparable to some of the busiest offices in huge cities.

After a few months of being with the company, we got wind that a manager position became available for an office only 20 minutes from my house ( I was having to drive an hour for work one way at my current office ). Z was excited about it because we had been talking about me possibly moving up to manager within a few months. She talked to her boss, and her boss talked to me about it. I explained that while I would love the new opportunities that having my own office would bring, I would like more in depth training on having my own office and more experience than just a few months as an assistant manager.

Well, Z began training me on how to run the whole office. For 2 weeks, she had me as acting manager. Granted I loved it and the training and experience that I received is invaluable, but I again told her that I wanted to be with the company for at least a year before I moved up.

At the end of that 2 weeks, Z's boss called me to tell me I was being given a promotion to manager of the office only 20 minutes from my house. She said I had shown excellence in growth for my current office, never had any complaints from clients, only compliments, and that it was time for me to show what I could really do.

I was extremely excited and insanely nervous.

Since then, I have grown my office from nearly failing when I first took over, to being one of the top ones in our district. I have actually out-grown my old office in growth!!

Since then, Z has been coming after me hard core. She will call me with stupid redundant questions, recording my responses, trying to get me to talk crap about fellow managers, even our boss!! Now our boss is aware of this ( she isn't doing it to just me, but 3 other managers too ). She is trying to pit us all against each other.

I talked to my boss about this a while back, and asked her why Z would be doing like this. She just looked at me, and told me to look at the numbers. Her office is going down hill, while mine and the other managers offices are booming. She said it is purely being done out of jealousy. My boss said I have nothing to worry about, that it is bring taken care of.

I asked her one question, and that was that why would Z do this when it was her pushing and relentlessness about me getting my own office, that got me the office? Wouldn't she be proud that I was doing so well? I mean, that would reflect on how well she trained me, right? My boss just said she didn't know why she was doing the way she is doing, other than jealousy.

So now I ask you ladies. Why is Z doing like this? If you had an employee get her/his own office and be promoted, wouldn't you be proud?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 17 at 12:51 PM

She was able to stroke her own ego by making you better and stronger.  She never expected you to surpass her and is pissed that you brought your own strategies to the table (things she can't think of obviously).  Your boss is right:  it's nothing but pure jealousy.  Don't get entangled with that.  Let her shoot herself in the foot.  It will happen in time.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 17 at 12:53 PM
    Maybe Z never liked you and didn't enjoy working with you so she figured if she could get you out of her office problem solved? But she didn't realize how successful you'd be and how much of her success depended on you? Or....she is psycho and jealous lol.
  • MSMOUSE0519
    October 17 at 12:54 PM

Because she is upset that she lost her best employee and the one who got her office booming. Look at the big picture. YOU were her biggest ASSET.

Now that you are gone she is not doing what she is supposed to do and your office is growing and booming.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 17 at 12:55 PM
    I guess I'm just not the type of person to be jealous over something like that. Hell my own employee was hired in at the bottom of the totem pole, and is now working her way up to assistant manager, and I couldn't be more thrilled for her!

Because I did have past experience in this field, I did bring a lot of that insight into my current job and it has helped tremendously to grow my office. I even used it when I was at Z's office to help her grow.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

She was able to stroke her own ego by making you better and stronger.  She never expected you to surpass her and is pissed that you brought your own strategies to the table (things she can't think of obviously).  Your boss is right:  it's nothing but pure jealousy.  Don't get entangled with that.  Let her shoot herself in the foot.  It will happen in time.

• Anonymous 1
    October 17 at 1:00 PM
    She even called our boss one day recently screaming to her that I was * stealing * her clients. Yes, several of them come to my office now. My boss asked me why, and I told her that I didn't know, that they just all started coming over. I asked a few of them, and they said that it was closer for them, and that I was just nicer and explained things in a way they understood.

I do miss a lot of my old clients over there. They were awesome lol. Especially the elderly ones who had no verbal filter. Omg they were hilarious!

Quoting MSMOUSE0519:

Because she is upset that she lost her best employee and the one who got her office booming. Look at the big picture. YOU were her biggest ASSET.

Now that you are gone she is not doing what she is supposed to do and your office is growing and booming.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 17 at 1:01 PM

Many women are very controlling and insecure.  I'm the type that likes to encourage and empower other women.  Not every female is like that though.  There are some that view every woman as competition of some sort.  I'm 41 and have worked with many women in my career.  It's been utter hell at times.  The jealousy, the game playing, resorting to high school bullshit, the list goes on.  It's a huge reason why I do not enjoy working with a group of women.  I know that sounds awful because I'm a woman, but I've had so many bad professional experiences with some.  I've had bad ones with men too, but overall it's the women that made life hell at times.

Keep your chin up and keep doing what you're doing. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess I'm just not the type of person to be jealous over something like that. Hell my own employee was hired in at the bottom of the totem pole, and is now working her way up to assistant manager, and I couldn't be more thrilled for her! Because I did have past experience in this field, I did bring a lot of that insight into my current job and it has helped tremendously to grow my office. I even used it when I was at Z's office to help her grow.
    Quoting Anonymous 2:

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 17 at 1:06 PM
    So many people don't understand that producing employees that are as good or better than you makes you look good. They just don't get it. And try to keep people down to make themselves seem like the best. It's ridiculous. But it happens in every place I've ever worked. And it always will. Hang in there. It's her problem, not yours.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 17 at 1:06 PM
    Once you pass her, all of the credit for your accomplishments goes to you, not her.
  • Gardeningmom4
    October 17 at 1:09 PM

Because you are surpassing her.

• Anonymous 1
    October 17 at 1:11 PM
    I have insane respect for the woman. Because I was out of that field for almost a year before I got my current job, I had lost a lot of my backbone and confidence that is necessary in this line of work. Without her, I will fully own that I probably never would have gotten it back, so I am immensely grateful to her for that. I just don't understand why she is doing the way she is. Even if it is jealousy, why be jealous?

Quoting Anonymous 5: Once you pass her, all of the credit for your accomplishments goes to you, not her.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts