Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Endometriosis
by Anonymous
October 12 at 11:21 PM

Idea, helpful hints and advice for a 19year old suffering in pain from this. Has had one surgery. My neice is suffering badly and has spent the last week in hospital with this condition. What has worked for you?

Replies

• zacmacsmomm
    October 12 at 11:22 PM
    I used the B.C. Pull until I was done having kids, then I had a hysterectomy
  • SaskMummy
    October 12 at 11:25 PM
    My boyfriends ex ended up having to have a hysterectomy also after she had a couple kids.. I can't imagine the pain 😞 Sending prayers
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 12 at 11:26 PM

She's on birth control and has a IUD and she's still in pain. They won't do a hysterectomy until she's 25. As she's only 19 her parents don't really want to help raise a baby. 

Quoting zacmacsmomm: I used the B.C. Pull until I was done having kids, then I had a hysterectomy

• zacmacsmomm
    October 12 at 11:33 PM
    She's on the pill and an IUD? Yea, I was in a strong pill back in the day. They don't put girls in those that much anymore. The depo shot is recommended as well. Sadly endo is a bitch and it never goes away. Most all of the treatments involved hormones. The depo lupron shot actually shuts down the ovaries for a bit to help starve off the endo. I feel her pain
  • S.M.ile
    by S.M.ile
    October 13 at 12:24 AM
    I am so sorry!
    At some point my doctor told me that I had the last phase. I had pain, bleeding, a surgery to have a cyst (endometrioma) removed.
    What helped - birth control pills for 6 months, acupuncture and herbs, lemon water.
    I had to change my diet too - no estrogen stimulating or containing food, that means no soy and only organic meat and dairy.
  • Oliviasmom72
    October 13 at 1:59 AM
    Wow 19 is so young. How about depo where her periods eventually stop? I hope she harvests her eggs before hysterectomy. How terrible to have your ability to have kids taken away.

Good luck to her.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts