Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I blanket train minus the hitting
by Anonymous
October 11 at 2:37 PM
I think kids should start learning how to behave at a young age. It’s good to set standards from the start imo.

So we do blanket training but instead of hitting them, we just get sternly say no and place the baby back on the blanket.

It has worked for our 4 children. Do you still think blanket training is bad if no hitting is involved?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 11 at 2:45 PM
    Bump
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 11 at 2:46 PM
    Uhhh
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 11 at 2:46 PM
    How dumb.
  • Canadiana
    October 11 at 2:47 PM
    Yes. They are meant to learn and move and develop. It's ypur job to keep them safe while they do this. Not limit them to a blanket.
  • Phoenix_lament
    October 11 at 2:48 PM
    I think it's idiotic, but without the hitting then whatever. It's the hitting that pisses me off.
  • happinessforyou
    October 11 at 2:50 PM

So instead of teaching them about the world and how to be in that world, you spend all your time shouting "NO" and sitting them on a blanket.... makes ZERO sense to me..... I feel bad for your kids.... you are a terrible mother.... and I bet you do hit them....

• Olioxenfree
    October 11 at 2:51 PM

I did too. I have never hit my kids. I just taught them that the blanket was their play space. When they left the blanket, I redirected and moved them back on. It has always been a huge help, so if I need to get something done I can put them on the blanket with toys and they will stay there. I can bring my older kids to the park and set the little ones on a blanket and they will play there. It gives them more space to play so I don't have to put them in a seat to keep them contained when I need them to stay in one place.

As for all of the people saying "they are kids, they have to explore the world", I am sure that your 1-2 year olds are not allowed to constantly go wherever they want to go. It isn't like my kids never leave the blanket. They spent a lot of time exploring the world, with me beside them. But, I can not always have a hand on them 24/7, so this helped when I needed them to be contained.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 11 at 2:53 PM
    Sooo they aren't allowed to leave this blanket and if they do they get yelled at?? What??
  • Anonymous 1
    October 11 at 3:06 PM
    It’s not about safety. It is about learning to be obedient to your parents

Quoting Canadiana: Yes. They are meant to learn and move and develop. It's ypur job to keep them safe while they do this. Not limit them to a blanket.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 11 at 3:07 PM
    Why would you say you bet I hit them when I specifically said I didn’t? I do not and will not ever hit my kids.

It is not about not learning about the world. We encourage our children to play, learn, and explore BUT there is a time when you need to stop and do as your parents ask. This is what blanket training helps achieve

Quoting happinessforyou:

So instead of teaching them about the world and how to be in that world, you spend all your time shouting "NO" and sitting them on a blanket.... makes ZERO sense to me..... I feel bad for your kids.... you are a terrible mother.... and I bet you do hit them....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts