Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
how do I get my dead father's money?UPDATE
by Anonymous
September 24 at 9:25 PM

i didn't know my father growing up.  I googled him recently and found out he died in 2016.  He apparently never married or had any other children besides me.  I wasn't mentioned in the obit though.  My mom took me and left when I was a baby.  He owned a garbage truck business.  If he left any money or property, aren't i entitled to it?

UPDATE 11/1

So my hearing is set for tomorrow.  I mailed my grandmother a letter a couple weeks ago.  She never responded, but some anonymous woman who knew my father chose to reach out to me.  I included pictures of the letter she sent on page 33, as well as some messages she exchanged with someone else who knows my family.  My father is Earl.  HIs brother is Ricky.  His brother is the current adminstrator of the estate, who said my father had no children.  I blanked out my grandmother's last name, as well as the number of the anonymous woman

Replies

• Sassy762
    September 24 at 9:26 PM
    Not if he left it to charity or anyone else
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 24 at 9:28 PM

the obit said he died 'unexpectantly' so i would guess there was no will.  he was 59 when he died

Quoting Sassy762: Not if he left it to charity or anyone else

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Depends if he had a will
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Depends on what his will said youll have to get a lawyer and probably sue the estate.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    September 24 at 9:29 PM
    I think only if you are named in the will? I could be wrong, but he may have left everything to others? The best way to find out is to contact his lawyer or whomever was in charge or his estate.
  • PPCLC
    by PPCLC
    September 24 at 9:30 PM

"Entitled" to it? No.

His will by his choices would determine who, if anyone, was left any money.

Owning a business isn't a guarantee there's money flowing through the eaves.

• HandMmom12
    September 24 at 9:31 PM

DNA test a family member..

you know, if you're that greedy for someone else's money, that you never even met

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    September 24 at 9:32 PM
    Why would you assume he had no will? I don’t plan to die any time soon, but I certainly have one. Don’t most responsible adults?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

the obit said he died 'unexpectantly' so i would guess there was no will.  he was 59 when he died

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    Depends on if he had a will.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    As a person who owned his own business, and was almost 60, he more than likely had a will. Just because he died unexpectedly, that doesn't mean he didn't have a will... We are in our 30's (my husband and I) and we have wills. I know my parents, who are in their mid- sixties have wills and have had them since they were in their 40's.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts