Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
how do I get my dead father's money?
by Anonymous
September 24 at 9:25 PM

i didn't know my father growing up.  I googled him recently and found out he died in 2016.  He apparently never married or had any other children besides me.  I wasn't mentioned in the obit though.  My mom took me and left when I was a baby.  He owned a garbage truck business.  If he left any money or property, aren't i entitled to it?

Replies

• Sassy762
    September 24 at 9:26 PM
    Not if he left it to charity or anyone else
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 24 at 9:28 PM

the obit said he died 'unexpectantly' so i would guess there was no will.  he was 59 when he died

Quoting Sassy762: Not if he left it to charity or anyone else

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Depends if he had a will
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Depends on what his will said youll have to get a lawyer and probably sue the estate.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    September 24 at 9:29 PM
    I think only if you are named in the will? I could be wrong, but he may have left everything to others? The best way to find out is to contact his lawyer or whomever was in charge or his estate.
  • PPCLC
    by PPCLC
    September 24 at 9:30 PM

"Entitled" to it? No.

His will by his choices would determine who, if anyone, was left any money.

Owning a business isn't a guarantee there's money flowing through the eaves.

• HandMmom12
    September 24 at 9:31 PM

DNA test a family member..

you know, if you're that greedy for someone else's money, that you never even met

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    September 24 at 9:32 PM
    Why would you assume he had no will? I don’t plan to die any time soon, but I certainly have one. Don’t most responsible adults?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

the obit said he died 'unexpectantly' so i would guess there was no will.  he was 59 when he died

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    Depends on if he had a will.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    As a person who owned his own business, and was almost 60, he more than likely had a will. Just because he died unexpectedly, that doesn't mean he didn't have a will... We are in our 30's (my husband and I) and we have wills. I know my parents, who are in their mid- sixties have wills and have had them since they were in their 40's.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts