Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ShesSoUnusual
Kids Calling You by First Name
August 20 at 8:00 PM
Recently my five year old daughter started calling me by my first name, because she just learned it.

However, a friend of mine told me it's disrespectful. I don't see it that way. Do you?

Replies

• ReedusStalker
    August 20 at 8:00 PM

If we are out at a school event, they will call me Summer because if they yell out mom, everyone looks lol

• MrsDavis2k16
    August 20 at 8:03 PM

Yes it is, in my house. My DD did that once, I told her that's good that she knows my name but that I am her Mommy and that's what we say.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    August 20 at 8:16 PM
    For some reason my kids love to. I'm not find of it and always ask that they call me mom. When my sil heard then call me by name she thought it was awesome. She said if they're ever lost theyt know who to look for.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 20 at 8:19 PM
    It's not disrespectful unless you've asked her not to. I don't see a problem with children calling their parents by name. They still know the adults are in charge.
  • beYOUtywithin_
    August 20 at 8:21 PM
    Nah it doesn't bother me
  • cheekacheeka
    August 20 at 8:21 PM
    My 4 year old does when she's being cheeky. It's not disrepectful to me. I think it's cute.
  • DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    August 20 at 8:22 PM
    It doesn't happen in my house, but I don't care what other people do.
  • Kaelee1
    by Kaelee1
    August 20 at 8:22 PM
    I call my mom by a nickname made up of her name.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 20 at 8:23 PM
    My sixteen year old calls me Linda, her friends call me Linda abd now her friends call me....you guessed it Linda. The only problem is that Linda is not my name.
  • spunky946
    August 20 at 8:24 PM

To me it's disrespectful.  My ds came out of class at 4 and said hi Pauli, and I said that's mommy to you.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts