Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
DD making SF uncomfortable
by Anonymous
August 16 at 6:31 PM
Over the weekend my DH said he wanted to talk to me alone.

So we go in the bedroom and shut the door and he tells me my 17 year old daughter is making him uncomfortable. I ask him how and he asks if I could talk to her about not walking around scantily dressed.

I watched her the rest of the day and realized he was right. She wears tiny boy shorts and itsy bitsy tank tops with no bra.

Before I met and married DH I guess I didn't notice bevause it was just her and I.

He seemed really embarrassed and I felt bad for him.

I talked to her and she was annoyed. She said there have been enough changes with me remarrying and what should she have to change how she dresses.

So I compromised and told her she could dress that way if she wears a robe over it. Does this seem fair? She's acting like it's a huge deal since she's 17 and going through a phase.

Replies

• Lunarprancer
    August 16 at 6:33 PM
    Ummm
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 16 at 6:33 PM
    Mine wouldn't be allowed to walk around in that anyway. My rule is that outside the bedroom, appropriate clothes must be worn and a bra if you require one. Tell her to stay in her room if she wants to dress like that.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 16 at 6:34 PM
    My 20 year old DD does not and never has owned clothes like that to begin with. Her 15 year old sister won't, either, unless they buy them themselves and wear them after they've moved out.

I guess I'll just have to go into the old fashioned category because I'd never allow that to begin with.
  • GKmoms18
    Disgusting. Tell your nasty husband to stop looking.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

You need to leave the perv now. You are a shitty mom if you stay 

• mojogirl
    August 16 at 6:35 PM
    You have a husband problem not a daughter problem.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5

She is probably doing it on purpose to make him feel uncomfortable. Does she dislike your new dh?

• susannah2000

She knows exactly what she is doing, and there should be no compromise. Tell her to cover it up, period. The "robe" first off might be also skimpy, and then there is whether or not she keeps it tied, etc. Tell her she needs to wear decent clothes. It's too bad you allowed her to dress like that even before you married.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    Make her wear more clothes. Geez. She is 17 and house rules don't apply when you move away so she can suck it up and be respectful of the people keeping the roof over her head.
  • young_lv_mom
    I think she needs to relize that it matters how you dress when in front of other people. If she was in her room with the door closed and you told her to change that's one thing. But to walk around a grown man like that is inappropriate. Ask her how she would like your husband doing that because it is also his home. I don't think she would like that. Or even if you dressed like her when she had friends over. It might open her eyes some. In the end remind her she needs to dress better in front of other people.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts