Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I don't like her
by Anonymous
August 16 at 7:30 AM
My daughter. She is a teenager and I'm so sick and tired of how selfish she is. All of the sacrifices made for her and she treats it all like someone owes her something. I wish I had a boy instead!

Replies

• mcginnisc
    August 16 at 7:32 AM

That's not just girls.. boys can be entitled too.. and, well, teens can be real jerkfaces. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 16 at 7:34 AM
    It's your fault she's like that. She learned entitlement somewhere. So what you gonna do about it? You're still the parent here
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 16 at 7:38 AM
    Yeah, you are right. I've heard that, too. From what I understand the connection between the moms with boys though is different. Girls can be too flighty and emotional. Is that true?

Quoting mcginnisc:

That's not just girls.. boys can be entitled too.. and, well, teens can be real jerkfaces. 

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 16 at 7:38 AM
    She's a teenager. They're like that. I have five boys 26-16. Trust me, they're just like that.
    You're supposed to be the mature one here.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    August 16 at 7:40 AM
    Who gave them a sense of entitlement? I've got 3 girls 23,18,16. Never once have they acted entitled. Also I have 2 boys 17&12.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 16 at 7:41 AM
    I'm on a website with a group called mom confessions for support versus whining and picking an argument with her. Yes, I'd call myself doing the mature thing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's a teenager. They're like that. I have five boys 26-16. Trust me, they're just like that.
  • hart57
    by hart57
    August 16 at 7:41 AM
    Relationships between parents and kids isn't a general rule of thumb depending upon the child's sex.

A relationship is what you both make of it. Sit down and talk (not argue or scream) with your daughter. Let her know what you are seeing, express your concern. Listen to what she has to say (even if you don't agree LISTEN). Make a plan to create a stronger relationship.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, you are right. I've heard that, too. From what I understand the connection between the moms with boys though is different. Girls can be too flighty and emotional. Is that true?

Quoting mcginnisc:

• mcginnisc
    August 16 at 7:45 AM

I only have girls... I have friends with boys though that also have girls..they same it's the exact same. Only one of my girls is emotional and it's the 9 year old.. the 11 year old is the easiest, laid back kid ever. Teens are trying to figure out who they are regardless of gender. They are stuck in the "almost adult" but not quite there yet realm so they can be jerkfaces. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, you are right. I've heard that, too. From what I understand the connection between the moms with boys though is different. Girls can be too flighty and emotional. Is that true?
    Quoting mcginnisc:

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 16 at 7:46 AM
    You shouldn't want to pick a fight with her.
    When you're a teenager, every bad thing that happens is literally the worst thing they've ever been through. They have no experience so things that seem little to us are huge to them. Gain some patience and understanding.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm on a website with a group called mom confessions for support versus whining and picking an argument with her. Yes, I'd call myself doing the mature thing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's a teenager. They're like that. I have five boys 26-16. Trust me, they're just like that.
  • lucky2Beeme
    August 16 at 7:46 AM
    I get you are looking for support, honestly , most children don't wake up one day acting what you described. It is learned behavior over time. Luckily,There is time to change it . Stop sacrificing everything for her. Ignore her when she whines. Make her volunteer somewhere so she learns about giving and how much she has.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts