Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How to get rid of..
by Anonymous
August 13 at 1:11 PM
How do you get rid of fleas?!

The lady I babysit for has fleas everywhere! Her baby has bites from her neck down to her toes, and the toddler has bites on his arms and legs.

The downstairs is linoleum floors, but sitting on the couch you can watch them jump.

She said she tried to vacuum them up, what else can she use to get this under control???
She does not have any pets, and will not use harsh chemicals, due to the kids. (I have asked)
And no I will not be calling CPS just because she has never dealt with fleas before, I am trying to help her.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 13 at 1:12 PM
    She needs to fog her house and treat Al the animals.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 13 at 1:13 PM
    Bug bombs, get rid of furniture if it's that infested. Figure out how they are getting in and fix it (get rid of pets).

Fleas aren't that hard to control.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    She does not have any pets, she will not use chemical treatments.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She needs to fog her house and treat Al the animals.
  • LeftieX
    by LeftieX
    Leave the house for at least 24 hours while you fog that place with the strongest stuff you can buy.
  • Anonymous 1
    August 13 at 1:15 PM
    She will not use bombs, they are jumping from the floor to us in the couch, and she has no pets.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Bug bombs, get rid of furniture if it's that infested. Figure out how they are getting in and fix it (get rid of pets).

Fleas aren't that hard to control.
  • Anonymous 1
    August 13 at 1:15 PM
    She will not use foggers.

Quoting LeftieX: Leave the house for at least 24 hours while you fog that place with the strongest stuff you can buy.
  • shadow_lark
    August 13 at 1:16 PM
    Treat all animals with the good stuff. Linoleum and hard surfaces need to be mopped with hot water and vinegar, then vacuumed, right into the corners. Empty the canister right away and take it to the curb trash immediately. Carpets should be treated with either baking soda and salt or diatomaceous earth and then vacuumed. Don't bomb the house, it has no affect on fleas. Douches should be vacuumed and if possible set in the sun for a while to dry any fleas out. Make sure shoes are removed when you enter the house so that nothing is coming in from outside as well. And she needs to do this consistently for at least 90 days
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    She won't use chemicals but she will allow her baby to get bitten . Why don't you do it while she's gone. Take the baby out for a few hours. It does not require all day. The can says 2 hours minimum the longer you stay gone the better. Got out with the baby for about 5 hours and come back and clean up before she gets home.

Otherwise I would be calling cps

Quoting Anonymous 1: She does not have any pets, she will not use chemical treatments.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She needs to fog her house and treat Al the animals.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    She won't fog the house but she'll let her kids live with bugs and get covered in bites?
  • ame19
    by ame19

Dawn dish soap works wonders. There should be stuff like a powder to put on the floors and furniture and then vacuum them up. If there are really bad then you may have to bomb the house or call pest control. Maybe look online and google other ways that have really good reviews.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts