Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Doctor or wait it out?
by Anonymous
August 18, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Mobile Photo

Last night, I was playing softball and took a really hard line drive to my shin. It immediately bruised swelled, and got tingly. After a few minutes it went numb. Today it is still numb to the touch. If you press on it, there's a burning sensation. It is warm to the touch as well. Still slightly swollen. I'm trying to decide if I should wait it out a couple days or just go to the doctor as soon as possible. I'm a teacher so going to have the nurse look at it tomorrow and see what she thinks but thought I'd ask here as well for some opinions.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 18, 2016 at 10:01 PM
    Yikes!!! At the very least prompt care!!!
  • Maime13
    by Maime13
    August 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM

If it was me, I'd wait it out. I've taken many a skate to the shin and gotten many nasty goose eggs. It's crazy how much a hit there can hurt!

• brvdsmom
    August 19, 2016 at 12:53 AM
    My husband took a hit in soccer and developed a red lump like that, turns out even though it didn't break the skin it was infected internally.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Mobile Photo

I'm a teacher and had the school nurse check it out to see if she thought I needed to have a dr look at it. She said it looks like a very deep bruise and to wrap it tight, keep it elevated as much as possible and ice it on and off. She told me to watch for streaking which is a sign of infection. She's gonna check it again Monday. She doesn't think it's fractured or anything because I can walk on it with little pain. It's looking a lot better now.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts