Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ThatSweetMama
Toddler yeast infection help
September 7, 2015 at 4:18 PM
DD (almost 2) had an ear infection so dr gave us antibiotics to clear it (I asked if I needed to watch her for anything during/after taking the mess. They said no only hives) it cleared up but a few days later she developed what I thought was a diaper rash, I wasn't sure because it was her first time having one and she my first kid so I've never dealt with it before. Well after 3 days of cream it wasn't looking better. I took her into the Drs and they say " oh yeast infection is common with these meds" gee thanks for warning us guys *eye roll* anyway, they gave us a script for a special cream plus advised us to buy hydrocortisone(?) cream to help with redness. After applying as directed and finishing both tubes it was way better but a few dots were left. They went away and she was clear for a week until Friday it came back full force. We couldn't get her seen on Friday but they are closed today too. My poor girl hates getting wiped down there and I wish I could fix it. Other than that she's acting the silly way she always does. Is there anything I can do to help her? Anything I can get OTC?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    September 7, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    All abx can cause yeast issues. You can try gentian violet on her rash. Usually knocks yeast out good.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 7, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Plain yogurt, no sugar added.  It works almost immediately.  

• Lennyloves
    September 7, 2015 at 4:26 PM
    Plain yogurt smeer it on like diaper cream. Lots of air and baking soda baths
  • ThatSweetMama
    September 7, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    Does it matter if it's Greek yogurt ?

Quoting Lennyloves: Plain yogurt smeer it on like diaper cream. Lots of air and baking soda baths
  • ThatSweetMama
    September 7, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    Also how do I do baking soda baths? A tablespoon of BS to her bath?

Quoting Lennyloves: Plain yogurt smeer it on like diaper cream. Lots of air and baking soda baths
  • Ace_of_Space
    September 7, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Plain yogurt or you can get an OTC yeast cream

• MilkLover0203
    September 7, 2015 at 4:35 PM
    My friends two year old gets them severely every time she needs antibiotics. She's tried all the creams, prescriptions, everything. The yogurt is what helped. Plain yogurt. Get Greek.
  • Lennyloves
    September 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM
    Greek should be just fine. And the bs I'd do at least a 1/4 cup

Quoting ThatSweetMama: Does it matter if it's Greek yogurt ?

• ThatSweetMama
    September 7, 2015 at 4:47 PM
    Thank you so much! I'll try this when she wakes up and daddies off to the store for yogurt(: if it doesn't help by Wednesday I'll take her in but I just hate having to put chemicals on her tiny lady parts :/ now if we can just get this recurring stye (recurring as in every week) taken care of. The dr says there's nothing we can do. My poor girl can't catch a break :/

Quoting Lennyloves: Greek should be just fine. And the bs I'd do at least a 1/4 cup

Quoting ThatSweetMama: Does it matter if it's Greek yogurt ?

• ThatSweetMama
    September 7, 2015 at 4:48 PM
    Thanks! Daddies off to the store to get it

Quoting MilkLover0203: My friends two year old gets them severely every time she needs antibiotics. She's tried all the creams, prescriptions, everything. The yogurt is what helped. Plain yogurt. Get Greek.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts