Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Publicly announcing shut off notices?
by Anonymous
May 5, 2015 at 7:45 PM
We have fallen on hard times with Dh having to have two surgeries....we got behind on our water bill, but made payment arrangements...we have been making our payments each week...last Friday we received a notice on our door stating this was the last notice we will receive on our door about being late from here on it we will only receive notice by the local paper or the town website..

First we have an arrangement already and we pay on it each week as per agreement with the town...second if we are struggling why would we buy a paper every day with money we don't have? Thirdly not everyone has access to the internet...

Are they legally allowed to publicly announce and embarrass us like that?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    May 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM
    Idk sounds like bullying lol
  • bluebunnybabe
    I'm guessing they wouldn't do it if it wasn't legal. Sorry. Hope things get better.
  • SitaStJames

That's very odd...I would definitely inquire about that.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    May 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM
    I've never heard of that. I've only heard of putting a notice in the paper for unreachable heirs of wills and stuff like that. That's really odd.
  • csxt99
    by csxt99
    May 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM

I don't know if they can or not, but I have not heard of anyone doing that. I can't recall ever having seen it in any newspaper, either.

Did you call them and ask why the sudden burr up their butts, especially since you already have a payment plan in place?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    May 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM
    Yes and we meet with them tomorrow

Quoting csxt99:

I don't know if they can or not, but I have not heard of anyone doing that. I can't recall ever having seen it in any newspaper, either.

Did you call them and ask why the sudden burr up their butts, especially since you already have a payment plan in place?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    May 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM
    Bump

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts