Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
do I lack parenting strategies or are most 3 y olds like this?
by Anonymous
August 2 at 4:07 PM

I can't do ANYTHING while my son is awake.NOTHING.I am almost not even able to go to the bathroom , cook or even make a phone call. By the time he is alseep, I am exhausted and cleaning, ironing,etc rarely get done.

He has been sick for 2 days and therefore, I allowed him to use the ipad.He knows we ONLY use it when we have to wait a long time at the dr or when he has a fever.Well yesterday he was down and he was on the couch next to me with a few apps on my ipad. I set the timer and I told him that when those 15 minutes ended, we were going to do arts and crafts. I wanted to finish a movie i had started watching 3 nights before so I turned the tv on. he threw a tantrum as he wanted the TV.yes, not just the ipad but also the tv. this is just an example of what he does all the time. When i take 15 minutes for him to play with something so that I can cook, make a phone or just have 15 m for me, he wants to do what I am doing. Lately I can't even shower as he wants a shower with mommy. The terrible twos were NOTHING. he turned 3 two weeks ao and he is moe demanding than ever...

I let him help in the kitchen, vaccuum, help with dishes and laundry....but he ends up making more mess than what I woud do withiut his help.

i am exhausted

do I really lack strategies or are some 3 y olds like that?

some of the moms in our playgroup told me their kids are pretty much the same and at 6 pm when hubby comes, they get all done and give the kid to daddy but I can't do that.it is just me

helpppppppppppppppppppppppp

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

BUMP!

• Anonymous 1

BUMP!

• Tay06
    by Tay06
    August 2 at 4:10 PM
    My son is three and I have had more trouble with him now than I did when he was two. He was a sweet two year old, but the past year hrle throws tantrums for no reason, starts crying for no reason, becomes violent, and doesn't like to share. His dr. Believes it is a stage and he's normal but idk if I agree. I know every kid is different but he's a lot of work
  • jlbelknap35
    August 2 at 4:11 PM
    Ya that sounds like a 3yo boy. Sorry mamma, they are handfuls but they are at least cute :-). I have a 4yo and an almost 3yo. They both drive me crazy in their own little way but I know they love me.
  • Anonymous 1
    August 2 at 4:12 PM

my therapist said the same. She said that the terrible twos are really nothing and according to her the terrible twos are the threes

Quoting Tay06: My son is three and I have had more trouble with him now than I did when he was two. He was a sweet two year old, but the past year hrle throws tantrums for no reason, starts crying for no reason, becomes violent, and doesn't like to share. His dr. Believes it is a stage and he's normal but idk if I agree. I know every kid is different but he's a lot of work

• Anonymous 1
    August 2 at 4:13 PM

I love it when he does something he was not suppoised to and he says "I love you momy"....I have heard some kids start playing with "you don;t love me anymore " and blah blah...not looking forward to that

Quoting jlbelknap35: Ya that sounds like a 3yo boy. Sorry mamma, they are handfuls but they are at least cute :-). I have a 4yo and an almost 3yo. They both drive me crazy in their own little way but I know they love me.

• nocalmegan
    August 2 at 4:15 PM
    My three year is the same. Tantrums, meltdowns, mouthy. Mean to her sister. Asks me "why" four million times a day lol.
  • MedicMommy2
    August 2 at 4:16 PM

Threes definately suck but I was able to get things done. My son was much easier at three than my daughter who is now four. I had strict rules and boundries and I stuck to them no matter what. Tantrums get you sent to another room by yourself until you are ready to act appropriately. Not letting me get things done gets you sent to another room to sit. I always set them up doing something that would and should keep them entertained while I cooked or cleaned or whatever but if they chose not to then they could sit. I think because they grew up with tthese rules it was easier on them. 

• Anonymous 1
    August 2 at 4:16 PM

what about selective hearing? I can ask him 100 times "Did you get hurt"? or anything and he will just ignore me

Quoting nocalmegan: My three year is the same. Tantrums, meltdowns, mouthy. Mean to her sister. Asks me "why" four million times a day lol.

• Anonymous 1
    August 2 at 4:17 PM

we already have some rules but it stresses me out so much

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Threes definately suck but I was able to get things done. My son was much easier at three than my daughter who is now four. I had strict rules and boundries and I stuck to them no matter what. Tantrums get you sent to another room by yourself until you are ready to act appropriately. Not letting me get things done gets you sent to another room to sit. I always set them up doing something that would and should keep them entertained while I cooked or cleaned or whatever but if they chose not to then they could sit. I think because they grew up with tthese rules it was easier on them. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN