Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
help settle an argument
by Anonymous
July 18 at 2:16 PM

Your child comes to you and says, "Mom, I'm hungry." Let's say they're under 10, not capable of feeding themselves yet. What do you do/say?

I'll add more once I get some replies.

ETA: I have no problem with our kids (4 and 7) coming and saying this. I get up and fix them something if it's an appropriate time. Or tell them to wait for a bit for the next meal.

DH, however, says it's rude for them to come to us and say this. That they should come and ask us, "Can you fix me something to eat please?"

This led to me asking why we should do it his way when I believe I'm right just like he believes he's right. He replied he should have a say in something because I'm the only one who makes ANY decisions involving the kids. I think he's PMSing with me.

Replies

• VinVanMom
    July 18 at 2:16 PM
    What do you want?
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    July 18 at 2:17 PM
    Can't give you an answer without more info.
  • say_it_aint_so
    July 18 at 2:18 PM
    Um wtf is the argument
  • Retrokitty
    "Okay what do you want to eat"

If it's junk I will say "no but you can have this, this, or this"

If it's really close to dinner I would say "can you wait a few more minutes? Dinner is almost ready"
  • DW030714

Eat an apple.

But if my kids are hungry they ask "can I have a snack" and 9 times out of 10 I'll say yes. They are old enough to know what a snack means. But, my 3 yo just helps himself to grapes or an apple if he's hungry.

• ermka
    by ermka
    July 18 at 2:19 PM
    It really depends on the kid and the situation.
  • Pensatucky
    Well generally when my kids are hungry, I give then food. I thought that's what everyone does.
    my eight year old will get herself something and my five year old will grab an apple or whatnot if it is close to lunch or dinner
  • Spam72
    by Spam72
    I would look at the clock. I would start dinner if it's a good time or prepare them a healthy snack.
  • PeppermintyTea
    July 18 at 2:21 PM
    I ask what do you want to eat? Then walk to the kitchen, and pick something together.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    July 18 at 2:22 PM
    At 10 mine can feed herself so if it was not time for a family meal i tell her she knows where the kitchen is.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts