Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Child support... using it as vacation money
by Anonymous
June 17 at 4:19 PM

My dd's birthday is Labor Day weekend. I always take her for a weekend trip. We either go to the beach or camping. Well this is the first year that I don't have the money for it. I was planning on telling her tonight. I knew she would be upset.

I am a single mom and I pay for everything my girls need. I haven't received any cs is over a year. The last payment I received was for $100. I have received a total of $400 cs for two kids in 5 years. 

So anyway, I was planning on telling her tonight. I was going to tell her that we could probably do a trip after school starts back. Summer camp is so expensive and it is really hitting my budget hard. But guess what? I just got a check in the mail for $600.00. All of our bills are paid, I just don't have extra money to take her on her bday trip. But now I do! I plan on taking her to Pensacola. I feel like sending my ex a thank you note, lol. 

I plan on spending $300 for the room and puting the other $300 in my girls savings accounts. By the time Labor Day gets here, I will have enough spending money. I just couldn't pay for the room this month and by next month all the decent hotels will be full. 

My bff says that I shouldn't use it for a trip, but I don't see the problem. The trip is for my dd. The only trips we take are their birthday weekend trips (both girls get one). 

I know that I CAN spend it on whatever I want, but do you think what I am doing is wrong (on a moral level)?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 17 at 4:19 PM

Bump for opinions. 

• summerlove3677
    June 17 at 4:21 PM
    Yes and no
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 17 at 4:23 PM

What part yes and what part no? Just curious. I don't see the problem, but she seemed upset by it. So I thought I would ask for opinions. 

Quoting summerlove3677: Yes and no

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 17 at 4:23 PM
    Nope, that is your money do what you wish with it. Have fun on your trip.
  • WesAndNicksMom
    You can do whatever you want with it, especially since you've been paying for his part for years. Have fun!!!
  • heatherh610
    June 17 at 4:25 PM

Not at all wrong. Enjoy your trip!  You already paid out more than what that check was ment to cover...you are being a responsible parent. Go you!!

• Peaceful.chaos
    June 17 at 4:25 PM
    That's YOUR money to use as you wish.
  • juls7111
    June 17 at 4:29 PM
    Child support is for the support of a child.. with you using your own money for their support,take that and enjoy your trip!!!
  • pasteeater_too
    June 17 at 4:31 PM

I don't think it's wrong at all.  You are putting half away for savings so that's good.  Have fun!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 17 at 4:31 PM
    Thats crap money. Id spend it on whatever i want. You pay more than $600 a month on them.
    Screw him!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts