Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Could you deal with something like this?????
by Anonymous
June 12 at 9:51 PM
Be honest

Could you handle your first and only child being born the same day your mom died just nine years later?

How would you handle birthdays?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 12 at 9:52 PM

I could handle it and i would use it a day to celebrate my child's birthday until she was old enough to understand she shared it with my mom who had passed away.   As it is, she shares her birthday with my brother who is still alive.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    June 12 at 9:54 PM
    What if the child might not ever be able to understand what death is?

Quoting Anonymous:

I could handle it and i would use it a day to celebrate my child's birthday until she was old enough to understand she shared it with my mom who had passed away.   As it is, she shares her birthday with my brother who is still alive.

• corticosteroid
    June 12 at 9:56 PM

My middle child was born on the same day my father passed away.  We celebrate my daughter's birthday as her birthday ONLY.  We celebrate my father's life and passing on HIS birthday.  That's been working fine for us.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 12 at 9:58 PM

We would still keep it as a celebration of life or lives but not include her in the going to cemetary to put flowers.  I am pretty sure that is what mom would want.  I also know I would be sad about not having mom around.

• kikibix
    by kikibix
    June 12 at 9:59 PM

Life is for the living. I'd suck it up and make every birthday extra special. Especially knowing my Mom would be so upset if I ever ruined someones special day due to her passing.

• Anonymous 1
    June 12 at 9:59 PM
    I'm hoping one day I can do that. It's a battle everyday to be happy and not to cry.

Quoting corticosteroid:

My middle child was born on the same day my father passed away.  We celebrate my daughter's birthday as her birthday ONLY.  We celebrate my father's life and passing on HIS birthday.  That's been working fine for us.

• Dzyre1115
    June 12 at 10:00 PM
    I don't harp on death...
  • RayneofTerror
    June 12 at 10:01 PM

have you thought about seeing a grief councilor? they can be so very helpful. :) i'm sorry you are hurting. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm hoping one day I can do that. It's a battle everyday to be happy and not to cry.
    Quoting corticosteroid:

• twinmommy27
    Yep.
  • Anonymous 1
    I'm trying my best. He doesn't understand what death is or anything so it's a little easier I have always had smiley face ballon to represent her as her nick name was smiley as she always had a smile.

Quoting kikibix:

Life is for the living. I'd suck it up and make every birthday extra special. Especially knowing my Mom would be so upset if I ever ruined someones special day due to her passing.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN