Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Foolynroo2
I made a huge mistake at work today... one I won't soon repeat
May 9 at 7:06 PM

I'm working on large blue print documents so Im in the conference room.

I'm on my feet all day, and I was wearing ballet flats because it's dress down friday.

I sat down to work on some documents and slipped my shoe off and was engrossed in my work when my boss walks by and says "wow those are some pink toes!" i was startled and looked up turning red, then he called a co-worker in -kidding of course come look at Marilyn's toes - who knew! The other co worker comes in and says Those are HAWAII READY .. (we have a running joke about us all going to hawaii because we just sold two large towers in hawaii)

Typically Im at my desk and you can't see under my desk, but at the conference room table, apparently you can...

Im so embarassed.

This is the first time in 7 months I haven't worn socks to work LOL

but I guess it's a ease into sandals...maybe I wont have to "tone down" my toes as I thought I might for work after all LOL.

Replies

• Foolynroo2
    May 9 at 7:09 PM

I just hope my toes aren't the talk of the town on tuesday.

• mysticatgal
    May 9 at 7:10 PM
    Sounds like they were light about it and having a fun relaxed Friday. Not a bad place to be.
  • leksismommy
    May 9 at 7:11 PM
    Lol.
  • Foolynroo2
    May 9 at 7:11 PM

I was caught off guard and a little embarassed LOL

Quoting mysticatgal: Sounds like they were light about it and having a fun relaxed Friday. Not a bad place to be.

• momtolittleg
    May 9 at 7:13 PM
    I couldn't work in a place that would be uppity about seeing my toes.
  • NeonGirl9583
    Lol
  • corticosteroid

Was there literally nothing good on TV last night or what?

• Foolynroo2
    May 9 at 7:16 PM

No one was uppity. But it is a pretty professional office. I wear slacks and blouses and dress socks daily.

They wear slacks, dress shirts, sweater vests or suit jackets.

but we do wear jeans on fridays, but dressy blouses and shirts.

i have nice nails, both guys in the office usually take an interest in what my color is - but I keep them professional and muted. while my toes I always go while, like hot neoon pink right now, electric blue etc.

because they dont see my toes. and I thought come summer time when I start wearing skirts and sandals I'd have to tone down my toes too.

but since they got a sneak peek maybe it wont be an issue

Quoting momtolittleg: I couldn't work in a place that would be uppity about seeing my toes.

• ihave1
    by ihave1
    May 9 at 7:16 PM

lmao 

• AmaliaD
    by AmaliaD
    May 9 at 7:17 PM

or just keep your shoes on.   whenever i take off my shoes at work i get caught too.  why is that??  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts