Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
anyotherday
moms with young girls, is it just me, or?
April 21 at 9:52 AM

Is it just me or are little girl dresses all super short. 

DD is 3, 3T pants fit her just fine in length and she isnt super tall (cant remember her last height check # off the top of my head)

But every single 3T dress she owns hits at least 2-3 inches ABOVE her knee, even the "winter"/longsleeve ones. She has to wear leggings with all of them. Grandma just bought her a brand new dress, fits her around just perfect and the belt/sash/ribbon thing hits her torso in the perfect place, but again, SUPER SHORT (IMO) I have to buy her 4t dresses for any resembelence of length.

So, is it just me/us?

Replies

• dawnnamarie
    April 21 at 9:53 AM
    I buy everything for dd at either Gymboree or crazy 8, and length doesn't seem to be an issue
  • Cassie2115
    April 21 at 9:53 AM
    Nope. All the dresses I have for my kiddos are really short. We usually put tights underneath them.
  • twcplus3
    April 21 at 9:54 AM
    I also have a problem with shorts. They have no length at all!
  • jmonroe65355
    April 21 at 9:54 AM
    They are pretty short for my tastes. So are the shorts for that matter. I can't buy anything but Bermudas for my 7 yr old. Her butt hangs out of everything else!
  • zeenah
    by zeenah
    April 21 at 9:55 AM

I think it depends where you shop. But dd has always had to be a size or two bigger because she taller than an average 3 year old at 2.

• mommyfesha
    April 21 at 9:55 AM
    They are! It's ridiculous
  • Banana.Time
    April 21 at 9:56 AM
    I put shorts or leggings under everything. Even if its long my kids run around and do somersaults lol. I have spandex shorts that aren't really long so you can see them unless they're doing flips.
  • funny_girl3
    April 21 at 9:56 AM

Yep.  I always buy one size up, but I've noticed the styles seem to be getting shorter.  She wears leggings under most of her dresses right now, I guess in the summer she'll have to wear shorts under them.  That's all those little booty shorts are good for anyway.

• kdjdod081013
    April 21 at 9:57 AM
    They are. I dislike my 5 year old dressing like a teenager. That's just way too inappropriate, let kids be kids, jeez.
  • YzmaRocks
    April 21 at 9:59 AM
    I noticed that too. Weird.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN