Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Bubbie0809
i guess I'm a horrible wife
March 31 at 7:17 AM
At least according to my brother's girlfriend.
The kids and I are staying with my mom until Friday.
And I didn't cook a weeks worth of meals so my husband can eat while I'm away.

I thought at least my husband could feed himself, but I guess not ever.
Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him.

LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.

Replies

• Danesmommy1
    March 31 at 7:20 AM
    DH would starve if he waited around for me to feed him, lol.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 31 at 7:21 AM
    Did she call Husbsnd Protective Services on you? :(
  • LAXmom21
    March 31 at 7:22 AM
    I'm leaving for dallas today for work. DH and the boys are in their own. The boys are 17 and almost 20. They will survive and I won't cook them anything, or do anything extra before I leave.
  • Hoppers33
    March 31 at 7:23 AM
    That just reminds me of my in-laws. Mil went to FL without fil and he ate Vienna Sausages and crackers for a week straight.
  • Bubbie0809
    March 31 at 7:24 AM
    Lol, she probably should.

Quoting Anonymous: Did she call Husbsnd Protective Services on you? :(
  • aimlee
    by aimlee
    March 31 at 7:25 AM

lol my dad is the same way. if my mom doesnt make meals, have it labeled and set out he would literally starve himself to death. NO joke. If she is away when it is meal time, he will call her and she has to talk him through the process and sometimes sit on the phone with him while he eats. THANK GOD i married a man who can cook for himself. I would go crazy. 

• chaotic.mind
    March 31 at 7:25 AM
    My husband is the cook so he'd be fine. She's crazy.
  • Kmary
    by Kmary
    March 31 at 7:30 AM

You know what's  the weirdest part of this type of situation?  It isn't even that she would leave her partner with a week's worth of food or call him to make decisions, etc.  It's that she can't wrap her head around the fact that different couples do things differently and that's ok.   Like in your shoes, I wouldn't have made pre-set meals, but I may have possibly shopped ahead of time and made sure there were foods at home for "easy" meals that my dh can make.  But that in no way means that I think EVERY wife should do that or that I'd find it odd if someone else didn't do that.  Different strokes for different folks. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 31 at 7:30 AM

LOL, OMG then I am ten times worse then you. A few years ago, I took our son and spent two weeks visiting Maine and Mass, to visit family. My husband didnt come with me. and I didn't leave him meals. Oops. ( I was also gone on his birthday, and OMG my step mother had a cow over that one. Mind you I had it set up that a bunch of our friends where talking him out for dinner that night as a surprise. to make up that I was gone.)

• Bubbie0809
    March 31 at 7:47 AM
    Right, I understand that some people are super caregivers and would do those things. I don't think it's wrong, it's just not who I am.

We are really trying to get to know each other and I'm open minded and accepting to all differences. But it doesn't mean my way is wrong, I'm just different.

And the type things that make my brother happy, is nothing close to the things that make my husband happy.

Quoting Kmary:

You know what's  the weirdest part of this type of situation?  It isn't even that she would leave her partner with a week's worth of food or call him to make decisions, etc.  It's that she can't wrap her head around the fact that different couples do things differently and that's ok.   Like in your shoes, I wouldn't have made pre-set meals, but I may have possibly shopped ahead of time and made sure there were foods at home for "easy" meals that my dh can make.  But that in no way means that I think EVERY wife should do that or that I'd find it odd if someone else didn't do that.  Different strokes for different folks. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts