Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
jadedcynic
Grrr!!! What the heck?
March 27 at 6:04 AM

I am supposed to be moving into my new apartment today, but I doubt it will happen. Why? Because I took a peek at the apartment they told me was going to be mine and it's still a filthy mess! I'm angry. I put my deposit down on the 11th and was told I had plenty of time. I had everything done way before I needed to, but apparently they've been sitting on their asses. There is no possible way that apartment will be ready today unless they send a massive crew to change the carpet, clean up, etc.

My electric and internet are supposed to be turned on over there today. I am panicking and freaking out. If it isn't done at least by tomorrow, there's no way we'll be able to move everything out of our current apartment in time where we won't need to pay rent for both apartments. Even if they change us to an apartment that is finished, I've got to call the electric and internet companies.

Just so pissed off right now!

Replies

• Danesmommy1
    March 27 at 6:07 AM
    They may be hoping you'll get in there and do some of it for them.
  • embrigmom
    March 27 at 6:11 AM

I'd make phone calls today, and disscuss this with them. Sadly they may feel the apartment is ready for you to move in. Is there still stuff there garbage and such. Or is it just that it needs a good cleaning?

• jadedcynic
    March 27 at 6:13 AM

They better knock a month's rent off, then. This is a large complex with plenty of maintenence workers. I'm shocked that this wasn't done weeks ago. 

Quoting Danesmommy1: They may be hoping you'll get in there and do some of it for them.

• Justine1993
    March 27 at 6:14 AM
    I'd be making phone calls
  • jadedcynic
    March 27 at 6:24 AM

They told me there would be new carpet. The carpet is still clearly nasty. There is a tv in one of the bedrooms, a bunch of crap on the kitchen counter, the patio is a disaster, and several doors propped up against the wall in the living room.

Quoting embrigmom:

I'd make phone calls today, and disscuss this with them. Sadly they may feel the apartment is ready for you to move in. Is there still stuff there garbage and such. Or is it just that it needs a good cleaning?

• jjames1990
    March 27 at 6:27 AM
    My sister works for an apartment complex. They have a cleam up crew of 5-7 people that go in and blow thru cleaning a place in less then an hour. Spotless. Its crazy how they do it.
  • littlesippycup
    March 27 at 6:28 AM

They always say lots of bullshit when they're getting your deposit so you're trapped =/

• embrigmom
    March 27 at 6:30 AM

I'd be pisssed too! I asked because I've had times where an apartment we were going to move into still very much needed a cleaning, but the landlord said it was ready to move in. I'd start making phone calls to the new landlord around 8am and find out what they plan to do. 

Quoting jadedcynic:

They told me there would be new carpet. The carpet is still clearly nasty. There is a tv in one of the bedrooms, a bunch of crap on the kitchen counter, the patio is a disaster, and several doors propped up against the wall in the living room.

Quoting embrigmom:

• jadedcynic
    March 27 at 7:22 AM
    I'm not trapped,but I am angry.
    Quoting littlesippycup:

They always say lots of bullshit when they're getting your deposit so you're trapped =/

• Teeshann
    March 27 at 7:24 AM

i'd be calling constantly till it's taken care of.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN