Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Ajanee12
Is Barbie banned at your house?
March 25 at 9:56 PM

I posted this picture of my newbie on facebook and I got a message pleading that I do my research on barbie.. barbie gives women and men unrealistic expectations of women.... -.-

are you FREKING kidding me?

Barbie never hurt anyone. SHE IS A DOLL. I played with barbie no body issues here. My grandma had a HUGE barbie collection so I got barbie everything as a kid. Did not scar me one bit.  I unfriended them. It was an old acquaintances Mother who sent me the message. I couldn't help but laugh. My daughter is almost 7 weeks old and has 20+ new in box barbies from my grandmothers collection that I saved plus my entire childhood collection ( yep those were saved too).  I am so pumped to be able to look at new barbie stuff too  when the time comes.

8 year old me living it up at grandma's house in her barbie room.

Replies

• TurtleMomma82
    March 25 at 9:57 PM

Not this house lol

• greenlove2013
    March 25 at 9:57 PM
    Wow I want your dolls
  • kersplat
    March 25 at 9:58 PM
    Cute pictures! I agree with you.
  • vbway
    by vbway
    March 25 at 9:58 PM

No, but the Disney channel is. 

• katcb1019
    March 25 at 9:59 PM
    Never my girls would revolt if I banned Barbie, lol.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 25 at 9:59 PM

We have plenty of Barbies but I was also excited when the new Lammily doll was announced. I've ordered 2 already but they won't be shipped until November

• Mrs.Pedro
    March 25 at 10:01 PM
    No way! My son loves Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse show and he has a Barbie mermaid he plays with in the tub haha.
  • norwgnwood
    No but Bratz dolls are.
  • Mrs.Pedro
    Oh and your daughter AND that shirt are adorable!
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 25 at 10:02 PM

Barbie is allowed in our home. I have bunches of collector Barbie's myself and even played with her as a child. My grandma would make awesome clothes for her too. I remember even at one time while visiting relatives in N.D. my great-aunt kept the Barbies from when her girls were little. So these dolls went back to the 60's! :)

Cute onsie :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN