Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
wymama610
What car seat doesn't have the option to use a seatbelt?
March 22 at 12:30 PM

I barely got a chance to read that post and it was gone. So help me out. Am I too old school? Every carseat I ever had you could strap in with a seatbelt. As a matter of fact, LATCH had just come out when I had my oldest. What was that chicks problem exactly?

Replies

• littlemoments99
    March 22 at 12:32 PM

I don't know. I don't feel I could put my car seat in safe enough without the base, but I don't have a problem if others can do it. It just has to be lined up properly and pulled tight. There. Safe!   :)

• wymama610
    March 22 at 12:33 PM

When I had my first, the seat came with a base but you had to use the seatbelt to strap in the base. You just had to pull the seatbelt all the way out until it locked. Total pain in the ass. It took me, my mother, and a police officer 40 min to get it in. LOL

Quoting littlemoments99:

I don't know. I don't feel I could put my car seat in safe enough without the base, but I don't have a problem if others can do it. It just has to be lined up properly and pulled tight. There. Safe!   :)

• wymama610
    March 22 at 12:35 PM

Anyone? 

• khs09vallan
    my son is going to be five in July and my daughter will NE three in may. I bought both of their cataracts brand new and both had the slot for a seat belt. I always used the base. But my daughters Carseat now belongs to my niece and if I take her to the store I just buckle the Carseat in.
  • littlemoments99

Oh yeah...I forgot you had to pull the seatbelt all the way out. I haven't done that in so long. My mom never used a base and so when she had my little sister, I remember having to put her car seat in without the base. I do remember that. 

I'm sure I could do it, it's just so much easier with a base. Just "click" Done.   :)

Quoting wymama610:

When I had my first, the seat came with a base but you had to use the seatbelt to strap in the base. You just had to pull the seatbelt all the way out until it locked. Total pain in the ass. It took me, my mother, and a police officer 40 min to get it in. LOL

Quoting littlemoments99:

• littlesippycup
    March 22 at 12:36 PM

I've never seen one LOL I thought she was lying too.

• outtamymynd
    March 22 at 12:37 PM
    My oldest is 18, I have three more after him. I've never seen a car sear that didn't have the seatbelt options. I think that OP was full of shit.
  • Randi02
    by Randi02
    March 22 at 12:37 PM

All car seats have the option.

For convertible and combination seats, you must use the seat belt vs. the LATCH once they get to be a certain weight.

• wymama610
    March 22 at 12:39 PM

I bought a Britax for my youngest. I was amazed that it's all one piece now. So easy to switch from car to car!! The LATCH system practically buckles itself! 

Quoting littlemoments99:

Oh yeah...I forgot you had to pull the seatbelt all the way out. I haven't done that in so long. My mom never used a base and so when she had my little sister, I remember having to put her car seat in without the base. I do remember that. 

I'm sure I could do it, it's just so much easier with a base. Just "click" Done.   :)

Quoting wymama610:

Quoting littlemoments99:

• wymama610
    March 22 at 12:40 PM

Thank you. I wasn't sure what was going on because I only read the OP and it was gone. 

Quoting Randi02:

All car seats have the option.

For convertible and combination seats, you must use the seat belt vs. the LATCH once they get to be a certain weight.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts