Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I SUCK AT LIFE!
by Anonymous
March 19 at 9:16 AM

So I have been going to see a therapist for two months now.

I have a ten dollar co-pay and since I never have cash on me I have been writing out checks.

I know... I should really balance my check book... whatever. I always use my debit card and I just never have the time to sit down each day and record what was spent. I check my online balance frequently and it works 99.9% of the time.

well today was that .1% it didnt. That dumb B**** of a therapist (sorry Im a tad angry at this, even tho it is my fault) has been hoarding my checks for two months!

So here I am thinking I have 80$ in my account which was fine. I get paid in a couple days......and BAM! gone! She cashed them all at once.

And i got hit with a bouncing fee of $40....

I suck at life:(

Replies

• MixedCooke
    March 19 at 9:19 AM
    I would speak to your therapist about that though.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 19 at 9:21 AM

sorry. you don't suck at life. it was a mistake. now you know that you need to check your account more often. thankfully we don't write alot of checks anymore. in fact the only check we write is for the house. just ask her not to hold them for so long.

• -BluEydDvl-
    March 19 at 9:22 AM
    That's not your fault. Tell her to knock it off or she can pay your overdraft fee.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 19 at 9:22 AM

well, from now on cash the check before the session, and give her cash instead

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    March 19 at 9:23 AM
    My daycare provider used to cash multiple checks at once and it was $250 a week! I always make sure I have enough just in case they don't cash them on time.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 19 at 9:23 AM

this is where you are wrong. you can hold onto a check for six months if you want. it is up to you to make sure that you don't spend that money.

Quoting -BluEydDvl-: That's not your fault. Tell her to knock it off or she can pay your overdraft fee.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 19 at 9:25 AM
    Oh honey, you don't suck at life. It was just a silly mistake. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • Lifeisadream
    March 19 at 9:27 AM
    Wow! She's not very efficient is she? I think I would look for a new therapist.
  • Lifeisadream
    March 19 at 9:31 AM
    I want to add, I Suck At Life used to be my mantra until one day I realized that everything that happens to me isn't always because of me! Sometimes, of course, things are my fault, but sometimes people are assholes, or things just happen. So do yourself a favor and try to find something new to say when stuff happens. Maybe you can try something like "well THAT effing sucks, but I can't change it now, so what's my next right move?" I know it mind sound all "Mary Poppins" but the way you talk to yourself about yourself really changes your outlook.

• 143myboys9496
    March 19 at 9:32 AM

I would speak to the therapist about hoarding the checks. And try and bring cash from now on. 

Sorry this happened to you. You're human, humans make mistakes. I made a $2000 mistake and NOT in our favor about 5 years ago. Talk about feeling worthless and that I suck at life! OMG, just thinking about it, makes me throw up in my mouth!

This too shall pass. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN