Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
S/O Is a kids room being clean that important???
by Anonymous
March 18 at 9:55 PM
I do not understand why so many parents are so obsessed with keeping things spotless. Why would you pick your child up from a party because they did not pick up dolls? I am so glad that my kids do not have to worry about that kind of stuff and can enjoy their childhood. My mom did not do that to me either. We have a chore chart that has money for each chore and they pick the chores they want that day. It is just not that serious people. The dirt will be there tomorrow enjoy your kids!

Edit: My kids do chores it stated above that we have a chore chart. But I would never get my kids from or prevent them from going to a bday party, not be able to go play, not be able to go do fun things with the family because the house was not perfect first. I am fine with after all the fun is had straighten up. Good with me . But I don't prevent them from doing things because of it. My kids put their stuff in their room no food laying around etc. But we don't do chores every night. They don't have to clean their room before bed heck I am happy just to get them in bed.

Replies

• Angelicembrace
    March 18 at 9:56 PM

DF is like that (hypocrit though). I don't get it, and I make them keep their room clean, but not spotless. I usually have them clean their room every other day. Hmm.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 18 at 9:56 PM
    Its important. I mean ours aren't spotless... but picked up and tidy. Its important so they learn to keep everything nice and neat to me.
    I grew up with a hoarder and it was awful.
  • newwifenmom
    March 18 at 9:57 PM
    I want his room clean, not spotless and it's not that serious.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I don"t expect perfection. Lord know with 2 teens..I don't get it. But, I saw that post. If I had told my kid over and over again to do something...they would definitely get in trouble. And, btw, we don't do allowances here but they still do chores.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    I know they keep their stuff pretty straight but that is all I ask .
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 18 at 9:58 PM
    I see what you're saying but I do think some importance should be placed on cleanliness as children typically start forming life habits even at a young age.

I've roomed with a couple slobs who could have had cleanliness pushed on them a little more :)

Edit: Also, I remember reading that post earlier and I felt a huge part in her taking the daughter from the party was the fact that the daughter didn't do as she was told. I got grounded for not doing as my mother said when I was a child too. I could be wrong, but I probably would have done the same as the mom.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 18 at 9:58 PM
    Good organization SAVES time.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 18 at 9:59 PM
    It's called consequences. Consequences isn't the end of the world and won't end a child's childhood.
  • Charlie557

I don't expect spotless, but I do expect it to be picked up at the end of the day every day. DD's room is quite small so it clutters up easily. I don't lose my cool if it's not perfectly tidy.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    I don't keep everything spotless either. My husband and I both work kids have activities 3 or more days a week the weekends are family time I would rather play with the kids then spend my weekend cleaning .

Quoting Anonymous: Its important. I mean ours aren't spotless... but picked up and tidy. Its important so they learn to keep everything nice and neat to me.
    I grew up with a hoarder and it was awful.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts