Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm fed up with her expecting me to watch my grandchildren. update.
by Anonymous
March 9 at 5:13 PM

My DD is about to deliver baby #2. Right now I watch my grandson while shes at work 40 hours a week. She doesn't make enough to afford daycare. I don't charge her anything because shes barely getting by. Shes expecting me to watch this baby as well, but I really don't want to. It's not that I don't want to help her but I feel she is taking advantage of my support. The least she could have done was practiced safe sex so she didn't have to add to my burden. I don't know what to do. If I tell her no, she will have to quit her job and eventually move in with me, something I dont want even more. 

What should I do?

UPDATE: She just dropped my GS off. While she was here I talked to her about finding some other childcare for the kids. She said what she always does "Mom, you know my budget is stretched to the max. I can't afford 200 dollars a week in child care." I told her I understood that, but I also told her how tired I am and that as much as I love my GC I can't watch them all the time anymore. I told her about the CAPS program and that if she cut her hours a little she should qualify. She had the nerve to cuss at me in front of my GS and accuse me of trying to take food and clothes out of their mouths. She had the audacity to act like it was my job to help her anytime she needed because "that's what mothers do". She snatched my GS and tried to drag him out of my apartment. I grabbed him because I was afraid of where or who she would leave him with. I told her I would keep him until the end of March, but by then she needs a sitter.

I just don't know what to do about this girl. Shes so selfish and treats me like trash. All I ask her for was a break. I'm trying to be reasonable but all she cares about is herself. I know she is going to try to continue to guit me into watching them. I don't want to give them or my relationship with her up, but I'm so tired. I've been doing this for 3 years now. I need a break!

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 9 at 5:18 PM

She can apply for childcare expenses.

• quinnsmom715
    March 9 at 5:18 PM

you two need to talk.tell her you feel taken advantage of..

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 9 at 5:19 PM

Actually you could be getting payed to watch your grandson right now.

• AlwaysKISA
    March 9 at 5:19 PM
    She needs to apply for childcare asst. Like....now.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 9 at 5:20 PM
    You need to talk to your daughter like an adult and explain your frustration. Can she apply for child care through the state?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 9 at 5:20 PM

What do you mean? Are you talking about head start? If so both of the centers in our area are filled up to maximum capacity and the waiting line is about  50+ kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

• peanutsmommy1
    March 9 at 5:21 PM
    No head start is federally funded free preschool, she needs to apply for state child care assistance

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean? Are you talking about head start? If so both of the centers in our area are filled up to maximum capacity and the waiting line is about  50+ kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 9 at 5:22 PM

I am doing the same thing for my daughter and her DH. They told me they are ttc and I informed them that I was not available for daycare if they have another child. I am too old for this and I can not imagine taking care of two babies. I love my granddaughter and enjoy taking care of her but I am not willing to take on another child.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    March 9 at 5:23 PM
    No same place to get food stamps and such. She could qui lift for help they will pay most expenses and might pay you if she quilify

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 9 at 5:23 PM

No have her go to DHS in your state and city and have her apply for child assistance. Some states pay back childcare expenses also.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN