Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
momaof8
Adoption do you know how rude you are?
by momaof8
March 2 at 9:40 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/ignorant-things-about-adoption-_n_4859783.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=3798246,b=facebook

A woman who adopted from china put up a series of pics showing how some of you really sound to us. We adopted six and the things people say in front of and to the kids since they were little is incredible.  I can identify with  some of it even though our kids are from the US we adopted all diff races.

Replies

• brettsmomma
    March 2 at 9:42 AM

I saw this on facebook two days ago It was pretty powerful. I have witnessed people acting like this over adopted childrenn. and remember thinking at the time how incredibly rude that person was.

• nelliesmommy
    March 2 at 9:43 AM
    People are rude. I would never ask such questions. All kids need a loving home.
  • momaof8
    by momaof8
    March 2 at 9:48 AM

imagine us in the store with four caucasion two mixed and two african American little ones. We walk up to Santa at the mall I mention they are all brothers and sisters so Santa knows and he starts asking rude questions in front of them. He is Santa to them. Like are they really brothers and sisters are they adopted or just foster ect.   People would stop us in the mall complete strangers and ask are they all yours?

• yummypeaches
    March 2 at 9:50 AM

I can't believe someone would say those things to a child. It says far more about them then it does about whoever they are saying it to.

• MIA0223
    by MIA0223
    March 2 at 9:50 AM
    People are do rude!
  • Closet_Case
    March 2 at 9:51 AM
    Link?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 2 at 9:52 AM
    I'm against international adoption. Leave babies in their own country!!!!! Why adopt overseas, and not from our own country? There are lots of babies/kids in America who need a living home and family.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 2 at 9:54 AM
    Who gives a flying fuck what passport a human being holds? A child in America isn't somehow more deserving of a home than a child in Ethiopia if that's where a parent would like to adopt.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm against international adoption. Leave babies in their own country!!!!! Why adopt overseas, and not from our own country? There are lots of babies/kids in America who need a living home and family.
  • scarletmeshell
    March 2 at 9:57 AM

The is always one crazy anon in every post.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm against international adoption. Leave babies in their own country!!!!! Why adopt overseas, and not from our own country? There are lots of babies/kids in America who need a living home and family.

• kcangel63
    March 2 at 9:57 AM
    I was shocked people said stuff like this... Then I read the comments here. :(

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts