Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
JP-StrongForTwo
Her first detention and I dont think she should be in detention....**UPDATE***
February 28 at 10:47 AM

DD has never been a trouble maker. she is non violent, not agressive at all (actually tends to be taken advantage of, and lets the kids get aggressive and violent with her with no retaliation) she usually responds to bullying and/or anger by having an anxiety attack and running away. 

she had a poster project this week, and she was bringing it to class yesterday, it was rolled up and she was trying to get it into class. she accidentally turned around and bumped another kid with the poster. now, its not a big giant one, its not heavy. its basically paper. but this kid threw a huge fit about it, but when the teacher talked to DD about it, and DD tried to say it was an accident and she said sorry, the teacher said 'we dont hurt other students, you are going to detention' 

I feel torn between momma bear going up to the school and demanding to know whats going on with this teacher (this isnt the first time DD tried to talk to her and the teacher blew her off) 

but also torn between cutting the cord and letting DD learn the realities of the world, that life is not always fair, and sometimes shit happens. 

what do you think??? 

ok so i talked to the teacher after school today. 

and my non violent, non agressive, usually bullied, little doormat of a girl, is aparently all of a sudden punching and kicking and pushing all the kids. 

she has been with this teacher for 3 weeks now. and this is the first time i have EVER heard of her being physical! ever, in any grade, by any teacher!

But the teacher says she always makes sure there is witnesses so that it is not a he said she said. 

I went to the office and have set up an IEP meeting for monday morning. 

Because there are 2 possibilities going through my mind. 

either A, DD is indeed becoming agressive and i need to know WHY, and WHAT is going on in that classroom to make her suddenly agressive and violent. 

or B, it is indeed an accident when she bumps into someone or turns around too fast (which is what she told me, which i dont really doubt because she is a clumsy little thing) and the kids all back eachother up and say 'oh yeah she pushed on purpose!!'

That happened to me as a child. one kid would make some shit up, and all the other kids would back them up. 

i was the weird kid nobody liked. my daughter is also the weird kid, though im thankful she has a few friends. 

but i will NOT just let those brats treat her like this. 

Replies

• TheSilence
    February 28 at 10:49 AM
    As long as it was just detention I would just let it be. Life sometimes sucks and isn't fair.
    Even if we don't mean to hurt someone we have to learn that sorry doesn't undo what's been done.
    Now if she was getting into more serious trouble I think I would step in and discuss it.
  • JP-StrongForTwo
    February 28 at 10:50 AM

That makes sense. thanks for that. Life does suck. and i dont want DD to continue to live her life wrapped in a soft fuzzy blankie with mommy holding her hand kwim? 

on a side note, nice SN ;) 

Quoting TheSilence: As long as it was just detention I would just let it be. Life sometimes sucks and isn't fair. Even if we don't mean to hurt someone we have to learn that sorry doesn't undo what's been done. Now if she was getting into more serious trouble I think I would step in and discuss it.

• TheSilence
    February 28 at 10:52 AM
    I agree. It's hard to let them take this steps into the cold world, but sometimes it just has to happen.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

That makes sense. thanks for that. Life does suck. and i dont want DD to continue to live her life wrapped in a soft fuzzy blankie with mommy holding her hand kwim? 

on a side note, nice SN ;) 

Quoting TheSilence: As long as it was just detention I would just let it be. Life sometimes sucks and isn't fair.
    Even if we don't mean to hurt someone we have to learn that sorry doesn't undo what's been done.
    Now if she was getting into more serious trouble I think I would step in and discuss it.

• egrzesik91
    February 28 at 10:54 AM

It was an accident. 

Defend her!

• JP-StrongForTwo
    February 28 at 11:07 AM

thats my gut reaction. 

i think at the very least im going to call and find out exactly what happened. 

i mean, im not wrapping my mommy vision in satin wonderfulness. i know my DD may be exaggerating, or even flat out lying. she doesnt do it often, but she does. especially when she feels bad about something and wishes she didnt do it. 

so im probably going to call first at least, and find out if she really DID hit the kid. 

Quoting egrzesik91:

It was an accident. 

Defend her!

• JP-StrongForTwo
    February 28 at 11:25 AM

bump

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 28 at 11:27 AM
    This. It's not like she did it on purpose.

Quoting egrzesik91:

It was an accident. 

Defend her!

• EllieJelly80
    February 28 at 11:29 AM

This! I can definitely see where momma bear wants to come out, though! 

Quoting TheSilence: As long as it was just detention I would just let it be. Life sometimes sucks and isn't fair. Even if we don't mean to hurt someone we have to learn that sorry doesn't undo what's been done. Now if she was getting into more serious trouble I think I would step in and discuss it.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 28 at 11:29 AM

It was an accident and in no way should she get detention for something so stupid.

• kryptomom
    February 28 at 11:31 AM

Age?

You might want to get the teacher's side of the story first.  Kids can have a different reality.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts