Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Aren't my coworkers out of line?
by Anonymous
February 25 at 4:11 PM

I work part time for a company.    There are 6 part-time workers.  The boss assigned an added responsibility to the 6 of us and I told him I'm not doing it.  I want to be full time, instead of just having more work dumped on me  and being told to go above and beyond!  They don't pay me enough!

Anyhow, the other 5 part time workers made up a schedule for this duty and put me on it-after I flat out told them I'm not doing it!  I emailed them that they're not my supervisors and have no right to tell me what to do!  I work hard.  They emailed me how hard they work and that we were all assigned this duty!  Then they went to HR!  HR is on there side but I'm not doing it!  I'm not being taken advantage of!

What do you think?

Replies

• Sassy762
    February 25 at 4:13 PM

I think you better start looking for a job or do the extra work. It sucks BUT it is what it is

• lucky2Beeme

I think you should find another job because you will probably get fired.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    You are out of line. Growup and do your job or find a new one. You will end up fired for insubordination.
  • wintermoon111
    you will probably be let go soon -yes I get your point but this is common in jobs-if you want to be full time or get a promotion you have to show that you will do what they ask and not fight
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 25 at 4:14 PM

BUMP!

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    Grow up and do your job.
  • almondpigeon

worst case scenario -- you end up fired.

either way, you'll not be promoted to full time because of the attitude.

• KnittinMama
    February 25 at 4:15 PM
    This

Quoting Anonymous: You are out of line. Growup and do your job or find a new one. You will end up fired for insubordination.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 25 at 4:16 PM

It's not fair and WTF?  Where do my co-worker s get off?

• nerdymom28
    February 25 at 4:17 PM

I'm with your coworkers. They were assigned the same duty and they accepted it gracefully, so they made a schedule to divvy up the work equally. If you don't do it, that means even more work for them. Why should you be exempt? I'd have gone to HR too.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts