Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
we are low income
by Anonymous
February 24 at 6:51 PM
Every cent counts. We save all our bottles and cans and take MILs also for some extra money. My neighbor usually has a couple large bag of beer bottles and soda that he throws away every week. Lately he has been giving his bags to us to take back too since he never did.

DD says a girl at school saw me taking his bag of cans and now let everyone around school know about it. Shes asking me now to stop taking them. His cans make up more than half of our total so we wouldnt be getting as much back and this is part of our extra money for unexpecteds and treats.

wwyd

Replies

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    February 24 at 7:16 PM
    Tell her people will judge for anything and everything. There is no shame in what your doing. The same girl would look down on her for any number of things. I hope she can see the benefit rather than nastiness of a few stupid peers.
  • krusesbaby
    February 24 at 7:20 PM
    I dont know of anyone that doesnt take cans back arround here. Or recycle. My grandparents were verybwell off when i was growing up they raised us. They always took cans back. I dont think anybkids here would blink an eye
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    February 24 at 7:22 PM

I'd be telling my dd that i'm doing him a service by helping him keep his house free of  cans and if her friends don't like it, oh well....

• othermom
    February 24 at 7:31 PM

Tell her that young understand that it can seem embarrassing, but you need the money. I found it embarrassing as a kid, but we take them back too as adults. Sometimes because we need it. Other times because they are building up and we put the money aside for when we need it. It is one of our extra money sources

• Mom2Boys9501
    February 24 at 8:02 PM
    Do it anyway and teach your daughter to be proud of being thrifty.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN