Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm going to be a "Single Mom" for a month :(
by Anonymous
February 24 at 6:37 PM

My husband is overseas for a month. I am used to doing most of the day-to-day stuff by myself for me and my daughter cause he does work a lot, but the house feels so empty already (it's only been two days). Nights are the hardest after she does to bed. I have a new appreciation for full time single Moms... it's lonely!

**edit for all the "ladies" out there that feel the need to pick apart and bitch on every post**

OBVIOUSLY I know I am not a single Mom. I have a new appreciation for single Moms out there cause I am here alone for a month. I have no family or anything around here it's just my daughter and me. I'm not on here for sympathy or anything just saying... I'm lonely already. It's going to be a long month. Yes I know there are people who go thru longer separations than this (military etc) or are single Moms for years.

**2nd edit**

A lot of you are focused on the money issue. He is taking a month leave from work and is gone for family issues. No paycheck or money coming in from him this month. As a result I am working extra shifts. It's not so bad. I make double what he does and it isn't too hard to cover. The reason he works full time and I work part time is because our daughter is young and we feel like it's more important for me to spend as much time with her as I can before she is in school full time. I didn't mention money before because I KNOW that if I did, the comments would be that I am lazy and upset that I am working extra. That is not the case. I hope that cleared things up. I do NOT believe that I am a single mom in every sense of the word. I feel like a single Mom since I am the only one here taking care of our child, the house and all our responsibilities. Please note that Single Mom was in QUOTES.  I MISS HIM. I have a new APPRECIATION for single Moms. That was the whole point.

Replies

• raven1114
    February 24 at 10:00 PM

There are single moms that get a 'check from him' it's called child support and they can use it to help pay bills. Does them getting a check mean they aren't single moms?

Quoting Anonymous: You are? Will he not be getting paid while he's gone? Will you have to be supporting them on your own? Will you be working 49 or more hours to support them but still having to come home and do everything around the house?

You're not like a single mom. You will get his paycheck to help pay the bills. You will get to talk to him

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 24 at 11:34 PM

thank you for your comments. it's so frustrating how people on here twist your words and pick and poke.... they get off on it or something.... it's pretty sick actually. very refreshing to hear from a logical person  ;)

Quoting raven1114:

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Did I say you did? No, I said there seems to be a lot of single woman on here who are. Rather she is losing her cool or not because she has repeatedly had to clarify her meaning numerous times has zero do do with rather or not she would be able to make it as a single mom or not. I've known plenty of single moms who got their panties in a twist and lost their cool. This post alone is rampant with them.

Quoting DaBuzz:

Did I? Nope. Not even when I was screamed at, so what's your point?

Taking it out on me when I'm just responding to her OP shows her wonderful character. She's the one that lost her cool, not me. Seems as though actually BEING a single mom teaches one how to deal with adversity.

Quoting raven1114:

Yes because single moms never get their panties in a twist.eye rollingThere seems to be a lot of single moms getting their knickers knotted up of this post.

Quoting DaBuzz:

sidesplittinglaughter

Holy hell, you could NEVER make it as a single mother if you get your panties in a twist over my one comment! And where am I pissed? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

FOR FUCK'S SAKE...SINCE YOU HAVE NO READING COMPREHENTION I WILL SPELL IT OUT. I AM NOT A SINGLE MOM. I AM NOT CLAIMING I AM A SINGLE MOM. I ***FEEL*** LIKE A SINGLE MOM AND HAVE A NEW EMPATHY AND NEWFOUND RESPECT FOR SINGLE MOMS. IS THERE ANY CONFUSION?? I CANNOT FATHOM HOW ME SAYING I HAVE NEWFOUND RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR SINGLE MOMS THAT DO THIS DAILY FOR YEARS WOULD PISS SINGLE MOMS OFF! THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!

Quoting DaBuzz:

*smh* even after reading all of your edits. Try living on $750/month with three children for years. Yeah, tell me again how you're going to be a single mom?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts